Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: safetyforthesoul ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 03:35PM

This is bizarre to me. I'm not officialy "out," but I haven't been to church in a long time (maybe once or twice since July). I've had a couple friend requests lately from people who I've never heard of. Our mutual friends are ward members. I ask around and find out it's someone who has just moved into our ward boundaries. So....we're friends now? I've never met these people and they've never seen me before, but they add me because we're in the same congregation? Wierdness. Leave me alone!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 04:21PM

It's possible that they've been called as ward missionaries and they're planning to reactivate you. It's equally possible that they're just weird.

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 04:34PM

I don't accept friend requests from people I don't actually KNOW on a personal level. Anything else seems like "collecting" people. However, if you feel like you need to accept them, you can create a group to put them in, whereby they don't see your wall or have access to anything other than what you allow them.

Or you can leave their requests hanging, and not decline, they won't know if you got it and they can't re-request till you do something (unless they cancel the request and friend again)

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 04:47PM

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 05:20PM

They may have been assigned to you. You are now their 'project'.

Can't go through the front door, so now their going to come through your computer. Ugh.

Just another way to annoy the hell out of people.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.