Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bert ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 03:40PM

Now that the election is done. And now that the American people decided against a Mormon leader. Does anyone think that the boys at corporate will toss another fish in tank for us to look at in 2016?

Look I really think that the wash out of members has occurred. That is to say the membership in the club will be static for the next few decades. And the corporate side of the company is plenty solid and is still able to operate tax free. I guess what I am driving at is this.

Will the church finally stop acting like a church and more like a company?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYUAlumnuts ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 04:22PM

Geezus, could it act more like a company than it already does?

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 04:23PM

It could, actually. It could start laying people off for small or trumped-up infractions. Oh, wait...

Posted by: shadowspade ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 04:25PM

Membership will always be on a slight rise so long as there are so many young members having large families. A trend that doesn't look like it will slow. That said I think you're right that the growth will slow and stagnate as far as conversions go. Does anyone know what the ratio is in church growth vis-a-vis converts/births?

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 07:30PM

There's some cramps and discomfort, followed by immense relief and a feeling of lightness when it's over.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 12:57AM

and the stench, don... don't forget the stench!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 01:05AM

Mormons will continue to seek political power and their efforts will intensify as resignations increase and tithing income is down.

What they can't accomplish with numbers they must accomplish via influence. Influence means $ and political capital.

Anagrammy

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 01:06AM

They are actually starting to have fewer children, simply because of stark economic realities. One TBM son and wife have stopped at three. Even this source of new members is starting to flag a bit, I think.

There's another effect evident as well. Some members from large families have noticed that it was not that nice while growing up to suffer the deprivations that that causes. They have resolved not to give this sad legacy to their own kids.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.