Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 03:50PM

From my TBM sister's FB page:

"If anyone had doubts that the 7th seal has not already broken, last nights results should remove ALL doubt. Good news: it won't be long! We just have to fortify ourselves and our families to get through the "stuff" until the Savior comes. AMEN!"

Now I remember why I don't hang with my family.

Timothy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 03:53PM

That's crazy. Like certifiable crazy. I think there's medication for that.

Date: November 09, 2012 03:55PM

Sis is probably gonna need a case or two.

Mormons: Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em!

Timothy

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 03:54PM

Date: November 09, 2012 04:03PM

Figured li'l sis would bolt the cult when my mom passed (long story). She's not a dummy by any stretch. At least not until it comes to fantasy and fable.

Guess sis has really bought into it. Or maybe she's just trying to save face with her eight gazillion kids and grand-kids and s**t. I don't know.

Life is short enough as it is to be lookin' for signs of the end times. What a sad story. Generational too.

Oh well. Never underestimate mormon bat-s**t crazy!

Timothy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2012 04:03PM by Timothy.

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 04:05PM

Sorry bout your family...that why ya make your own huh? :) Nice kitchen too DAYAM!!

JUST JEALOUS!

Date: November 09, 2012 04:13PM

... I would attend family functions and try to fit in. Within ten minutes of doing so, however, I would suddenly feel an overpowering urge to slit my throat and belly. Not a good sign.

I'm not FB Friends with any family member other than my apostate brother who doesn't post much. Thought I would check to see how they're feeling. Kinda wish I hadn't now.

Oh well.

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2012 04:14PM by Timothy.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 04:06PM

Um, in order for the 7th seal to be broken the 6th seal would have to have already been fulfilled. That includes:

- Sun becoming black
- Moon becoming like blood
- Stars falling to the earth
- EVERY MOUNTAIN AND ISLAND MOVING OUT OF ITS PLACE
- EVERY KING, GREAT MAN, AND RICH MAN HIDING IN CAVES

None of that has happened. 6 comes before 7. I would reply that he needs to read his bible more...

Date: November 09, 2012 04:16PM

... a black guy earning two terms as president, or did that get tossed-out in 1978?

Timothy

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 11:51AM

It might be nice to point out that 'stars falling to earth' would pretty much make anything after that irrelevant since only once star falling to earth would blow us all to boiling smithereens.

This is truly hysterical. I wish my sister would act more like this. I could use the material for cocktail conversation.

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 01:19PM

Well, there is one rich man figuratively hiding in a cave...

Posted by: BYUAlumnuts ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 04:06PM

Tell her Mormons have been calling themselves Latter Day Saints for almost 200 years now. It's time for them to add another "Latter."

She should now call herself a Latter Latter Day Saint.

Date: November 09, 2012 04:25PM

... let her be.

I've been a very outspoken apostate since I bolted the cult back in 1975. Yes, I could employ simple logic, but that assumes mormon-think is capable of digesting rational thought.

Just thought folks round these parts would get a kick out of it.

Timothy

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 04:10PM

I've a brother who believes in all sorts of craziness. Not religious stuff but still tinfoil hat level craziness.

I can not for the life of me accept the fact that he and I share genetic material!

Date: November 09, 2012 04:29PM

Had to be a mailman in the mix or somethin'.

Timothy

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 05:11PM

I have doubts that it is NOT already broken, or it is broken, or not but I doubt it.

Is she confused or is it just me?

Maybe I should pray to see if the BoM is NOT true, then everything will be hunky dory and life will be just peachy.

It is getting late and I want my pillow.

Briggy

Date: November 09, 2012 05:26PM

So nice to hear from you!

Nuts to be sure.

Just another classic example of how your family ruins your life!

Party on, mate!

Timothy

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: November 09, 2012 06:59PM

I don't contact my TBM family at all. My brother does see some of their facebook stuff though. He said one of my sisters is posting doom and gloom after the election. They really don't ever learn, do they?

Date: November 10, 2012 11:27AM

Tad too morbid for my tastes.

Timothy

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 11:29AM

Is your sister getting ready to walk to Missouri ?

Date: November 12, 2012 11:55AM

Mom, who passed earlier this year, and sis moved to Missouri a couple of years back. No family ties in that neck 'o' the woods I know of.

Maybe they're more possessed than I thought.

Timothy

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 11:39AM

I wonder how many more thousands of years we need to get through before someone finally goes, "Gee, maybe this guy ain't comin' back."

Posted by: Zip ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 12:02PM

In the D&C Christ specifically said, "Behold,I come quickly."

...wait, that was about 180 years ago!

Maybe Christ meant that when the day finally does come, he'll be walking really, really fast. Or maybe it was a sexual thing.

Posted by: jaredsotherbrother ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 01:21PM

I never noticed that scripture...I guess I AM Christlike.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 01:37PM

I suppose the 7th seal could be opened first. Really, who really believes in the Book of Revelations? Lots of things haven't happened yet. To take the BoR literally requires a disbelief in science to the extreme. Of course, for a TBM logic fails. Such even believes not only in the Garden of Eden but that it was in Missouri, not only in the Tower of Babel, but that Jared and his group were so righteous.... and can believe in Lamanites although such never existed and that Abraham wrote the scrolls after Christ and they somehow became the Book of Breathings.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 08:04PM

having been out of the church from age 8 to age 20--is SHOCKED by all the doomsday crap that has been dished out since the election.

It amazes me how much she doesn't know about the lds church or its members having been separated from it for so long. She actually wrote up a long reply on fb to family and friends about how stupid they all sounded.

One of the things that your sister may be feeling--is this is part of the grieving process. You said she was intelligent, but death is difficult, so she may be clinging to her religion even tighter since your mother died.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: November 10, 2012 08:40PM

Mormons have got a boner for the "bad" times. I've never met any other group who greet natural disasters and news about social unrest with such glee.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.