Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jackamormon ( )
Date: November 14, 2012 08:34PM

So I went out with some members of my branch a few nights ago, for a non-church-sponsored outing...basically dinner and a show at a local theater. I got a ride with some of the members.

In the car coming home, one of the guys in the car (really funny guy, I get a kick out of him), decides he's going to mess around with the women in the car. He says to one of them, "So-and-so, I love you, (other woman in the car), and Jackamormon. I can't decide which of you I want to marry. I've had a revelation that polygamy should be reinstated. Will you be my first wife, So-and-so?"

Okay, I know what you're thinking, ladies. But the way he said it was harmless...and anybody with a slice of common sense would have known it.

I see So-and-So's hands squeeze the steering wheel. She perks up, in her sweet but no-nonsense Molly Mormon voice, says "Only the Prophet holds the authority to reinstate polygamy."

He takes that as a "no", and turns to the other girl, and says "Hey,Other Girl, will you be my first wife?" Other Girl laughs, but before she answers, So-and-So pipes up "you are putting yourself at risk for excommunication!"

He then turns to me and says "Jackie?" Before he can say another word, I say "don't even think about it, Mister! So and so and Other Girl warned me all about you! And even if Thomas S. Monson did authorize polygamy, I would never, ever consent to subjecting myself or my children to such an arrangement. And I would immediately terminate a marriage to any husband of mine who attempted to spread his seed elsewhere."

The whole car fell silent. I lightened the tone by saying "Besides, I'm too old for you."

It could have been worse...I could have said "yes...but only as long as you let me call you Joseph."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: November 14, 2012 10:42PM

Mormons have a very small sense of humor in general.

I think you are very funny!

Posted by: jackamormon ( )
Date: November 15, 2012 12:24AM

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: November 15, 2012 07:28AM

"Only if the others do all the housework and I get to read and mess on the computer all day!"

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: November 15, 2012 09:55AM

You weren't supposed to mention the revealed reason for polygamy; raising up seed!

So saying you weren't going to be a seed receptacle made the other ladies realize that was the real reason behind polygamy.

Apparently only you and he had a sense of humor.

Next time tell them you agree with Brigham Young: bring'em young, bring'em old, just bring'em! Watch their faces fall.

(Be a troll, take no Mormon prisoners!)

Posted by: Anonomer ( )
Date: November 15, 2012 10:26AM

That's so typical and funny for a molly mormon to say, ""Only the Prophet holds the authority to reinstate polygamy." She proly thought he was serious, and couldn't wait to tattle on him. I bet she will tattle on him. Just wait. Loved your response though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.