Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: November 29, 2012 08:20PM

Continuing the closed thread http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,98696

I suppose suggesting that you tell them you're gay so that you get kicked out of scouts isn't the best option to take?

Is there anything that you'd be comfortable with doing in terms of service? Just because it's through the church and scouts which makes it kind of suck doesn't mean that you can't pick something that you still feel is a good service to the community and take as much of it on your terms as you can.

One day? I thought you needed 50 hours, or is that not the case anymore?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: November 29, 2012 09:44PM

The Eagle Scout thing will not do anything for your resume! You will end up leaving it off for sure. Unless you go into the military where you will gain rank more quickly, very few people give a second thought to Eagle Scouts. I know plenty of Mormon Eagle Scouts who fudged their way through the requirements. I for one, don't look upon eagle scouts with very much revere.(at least mormon ones)

I know as a young-un you want your drivers license, but what do you think about just not getting it for awhile? Will it really mean that much?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.