Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 06:05PM

does anybody else see the "don't mess with me because I am one crazy-ass betch" look in this woman's eyes:
http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/kristi_frei.png?w=635&h=459

And that ""smile" ...those gums ...I think she has eaten some of her own children and now she wants to fry up and snack on that little G-G-G-Granddaughter of Cain she just bought herself.

If I were one of her kids I'd crawl under the bed and never come out until adulthood.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shadowspade ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 06:08PM

Her blog is just disturbing. They literally say they are right and should keep the child because of a revelation from god. Well by that logic they should just be able to walk in and take my kids if god told them too. Only mormons. You just know that they are fighting this so hard because the biological dad is not religious and in their minds they need to save this child for god. The entire thing just reeks of mormon arrogance and twisted logic.

Posted by: mistydiamond ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 06:47PM

I also wonder if in addition to the religion, if there is a racial component to it. That this black child would be better off being raised by white parents.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 06:44PM

Where is the story on her?

Date: December 05, 2012 06:45PM

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55373764-78/achane-adoption-bland-child.html.csp

There is a link to her blog in the article. Read the blog only if you want to get sick.

Date: December 05, 2012 08:51PM

'"We have not lost our conviction that we are in the right!!!!!!" Kristi Frei wrote after McDade’s Nov. 20 ruling dismissed their adoption petition. "We have only ever wanted to do right by Leah, and have always felt we have been acting in her best interest to keep her with our family and raise her as our own. Our hearts have demanded it — there has never been any question to us that she is OURS!!!"'

...I wonder if they just think that because they BOUGHT HER FOR MONEY.

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 06:50PM

OMG! That was scary!
All the Mean Girls smiled like that in high school.

Date: December 05, 2012 07:07PM

Thats what I'm talkin' about!!

Freaky-ass scary "smile"!!!

Date: December 05, 2012 10:08PM

I too show a whole lot of gums when I smile, but I also smile authentically. It reaches my eyes and my face really lights up, instead of being mistaken for baring a grimace.

Gums or not, you can tell a lot about a person from their expression, and that's one lady _I_ wouldn't want to be alone with, let alone leave children with.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 07:10PM

It's kind of Rumplestiltskinish.

You'd smile like that too if you were stopping someone from raising their own child.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 07:41PM

Date: December 05, 2012 08:45PM

LOL! Right on, Cheryl!

I thought it was just me - whenever I see someone's gums like that I think of a predatory animal.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 08:05PM

Hate her religion, her beliefs and whatnot but people grow up about insulting a person's physical features.

One of my bestest friends has a very similar 'gummy smile' - it's just what gawd gave her - and I know that she is self-conscious about it.

She would be quite disturb by some of the comments in this thread, as may anyone else reading this thread might be, especially should they have a similar physical feature.

Date: December 05, 2012 08:53PM

I hear what you're saying, spaghetti oh, but there is NO love in that Kristi Frei's smile.

Date: December 05, 2012 08:59PM

No. If you knew what I was saying your comments about her gummy smile wouldn't have even left your finger tips.

Date: December 05, 2012 09:03PM

Actually I didn't take it that way at all. My wife has a gummy smile and I like it. What xyz was trying to say was that the expression on her face matched with the situation was well creepy. I didn't take it as an insult to her physical characteristic at all. The smile and expression just don't seem natural, that doesn't look like it is her natural smile at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 09:04PM by shadowspade.

Date: December 05, 2012 09:10PM

Yeah, whatever.

That's me told.

Date: December 05, 2012 09:20PM

"Whatever" is right.

I did not single out spaghetti oh's friend with the gummy smile.

I did single out Kristi Frei with one of the fakest facsimiles of "smile" ever posted on the internet.

Pout away, I can't stop you.

Date: December 05, 2012 09:29PM

Yep, you are right, xyz.

It's ok to use people's physical features as insults.

And it's ok to that you only mean it's Frei's gummy smile that reminds you of a predatory animal and not my friend's similar gummy smile that would remind you of a predatory animal. Or anyone else's gummy smile remind you of a predatory animal. So long as YOU meant just Frie's smile, it's all a-ok.

And it's ok that you actually try to justify your immature comments by attempting me make me look like the asshole.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 09:32PM by spaghetti oh.

Date: December 05, 2012 09:51PM

My dear spaghetti oh, I think you are a witty and intelligent poster here at RfM, so please trust me when I say that you are not one of the select few individuals here I endeavor to paint as assholes.

Besides, most people who are assholes do a fine job of painting themselves as such without any help from me.

Date: December 05, 2012 10:04PM

No one was trying to make you look like an asshole. I agree with xyz and I have enjoyed your posts. I think all we were trying to point out was that we agree with you, physical characteristics are not to be mocked. I support this 100%. However, xyz wasn't making fun of her physical characteristics but instead an expression that didn't seem genuine. I think we should all walk away from this with an understanding that you are correct and we should not as a people make fun of the physical characteristics of others; and that also xyz was pointing out an expression and not a physical characteristic. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here. I don't feel like I'm expressing my actual thinking very well but I hope you get my message. Again, I agree with you about not making fun of people, I just don't think that was the intent of the original post at all.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 08:45PM

I care about this GROSS injustice. The father is a decent man and has provided for his now exwife and her older child. There is no reason this man should not have his child TODAY. I think the 60 day waiting period is unfair and wrong. I also hope he files and gets a great big fat settlement from the agency. They knew something was wrong. They knew he was trying to get information. They refused and it is "standard procedure" for them? They need a big smack of reality in the form of a cash payment. Enough to make it HURT.

As to the child snatchers - they are just disgusting. There are so many kids out there that need a family. How selfish and hurtful of them. How hard on their other kids. How hard on the baby girl. Great job of putting the kids first - NOT.

Date: December 05, 2012 09:03PM

Susan I/S, I'm still trying to figure out why anyone who really cares about children would continue down the path they've chosen.

I wonder if they feel that way because they bought and paid for that little girl, or ...? Just can't fathom that level of disconnection with reality...

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 09:46PM

Is that this is not a unique story. We have heard so many here on the board. Often the father is young and doesn't have a lot of resources. This guy is older and much more together and they are STILL running him around and yanking his chain. Yes, the Baby Snatchers are at fault but I think the greater fault lies with the Utah system that has been promoting this for years. And I DO think this is part of the arrogance LDSInc fosters in it's members.

Take this quote in the article taken from the blog:

describing the arrival of Achane’s daughter in their lives "a righteous desire blessed to fruition by God."
Translation - We wanted so if we got God must have wanted it.
No - it had nothing to do with God, it all had to do with shoddy adoption practices.

"We have not lost our conviction that we are in the right!!!!!!" Kristi Frei wrote after McDade’s Nov. 20 ruling dismissed their adoption petition. "We have only ever wanted to do right by Leah, and have always felt we have been acting in her best interest to keep her with our family and raise her as our own. Our hearts have demanded it — there has never been any question to us that she is OURS!!!"
Translation - We we we we we want. Mine mine mine mine mine.
I see no interest in the CHILD. They had the opportunity to get someTHING they wanted for what ever reason. She couldn't get preggers again so why didn't they take THAT as Gods will? How could it possibly be in the childs best interest to give her back ASAP? What arrogance makes them think they are so much better than her FATHER who has done nothing but try to take care of her?

If anyone can find an address I am going to write Terry Achane, the FATHER, a letter! And I do hope he gets a big fat settlement!

Date: December 05, 2012 10:01PM

I kind of think you're on to something there. Many many mormons are very hung up on _things_ and the money involved, and this totally smacks of "Mine!"
Although they are making sure to play up the "time invested" angle.

But really, who in their right mind proceeds with an adoption of an unrelated child when there is some question of the legality of the whole thing? Oh right, nutso morgbots with their _prayers_...

Posted by: Sirius Lee ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 09:43PM

I see this picture of their huge family and then think of this poor guy having to fight to keep his ONE child.

I have a word for that couple: GREEDY

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 08:52PM

http://frei-adoption.com/Frei/Update_files/shapeimage_2.png

I'd suggest a caption contest but everything I can think of is racist (and hilarious).

Posted by: brownie ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 09:05PM

A very dear friend of mine (who has since left the cult) worked for a short time with "Family Services" to 'help' young pregnant women.

Yeah.

Her integrity would not allow her to continue working with them due to the relentless pressure TSCC placed the girls under to manipulate them to give their babies to "worthy" parents.

The girls were given every kind of help needed to start fresh (money, school, etc) IF they gave up the baby.
If a girl wanted to keep her baby,she was abandoned by the very corporation she came to for assistance.
NO help. Zero.

Their actions drown out their words.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 09:15PM

I hope the child returns to her birth father. The sooner the better. For some reason this whole story disturbs me and makes me feel awful inside. I hope this discussion board continues to provide periodic updates and eventually reports a sucessful conclusion.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 09:29PM

But . . . but. . . but . . .

They are MORMONS. And the birth father is not very religious;
he says so himself. So they have the RIGHT to raise that baby
as their own.

ONLY THEY can make sure the child is raised in a church that
will teach her that she bears the mark of Cain but that in 1978
the punishments and restrictions associated with that curse were
lifted so her cursed lineage will no longer be an impediment to
advancement in God's True Church.

However, her gender will be.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 09:31PM by baura.

Date: December 05, 2012 09:54PM

Baura, your extraordinary way with words usually thrills me, but right now what you wrote is making my hair stand on end.

:::shudder:::

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 10:07PM

Special needs, Russian, African-American. I was also close friends with many Mormon women who adopted from Eastern Europe in the 90's after communism collapsed. We all saw ourselves as saviors to these kids, and part of the "elect" in the last days. We believed we were chosen to raise up righteous seed. One day, our adopted children would return to their birth countries and help convert those nations to the True Church in preparation for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

We believed we were foreordained to parent those special children who were chosen to bring forth the gospel to "every nation, kindred, toungue and people."

I'm not lying. We believed this. And many families still cling to this belief, despite overwhelming psychiatric and behavioral problems with their adopted children.

After all, we received personal revelation from Heavenly Father. He asked *us* to be the mothers of his chosen vessels. We believed we were an integral part of his plan in the last days.

I promise you that the adoptive mother in this case is operating under a similar end-times delusion of her own. Sad.

;o)

P.S. FWIW, one of the Russian boys adopted by a local LDS family all those years ago is now serving an overseas mission. Chilling.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 10:08PM by shannon.

Date: December 05, 2012 10:09PM

There's no question that is what she is thinking; it's fairly obvious from her blog.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 10:12PM

I have been angry the whole evening ever since I read this.

This is the height of mormon arrogance.

"God likes me better than you. I am so much better than you that I should have your baby. I am a member of the true church and you are not, so give it to me because that's what God wants."

I can't stand to look at her and its not the gums, I didn't even notice that. Its that the heart is showing in the eyes.

How the hell does she get to keep that baby 60 more days? That is just unfathomable.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.