Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mnemonic ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 10:11PM

I wish I would have seen this when I was younger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siu6JYqOZ0g

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 10:27PM

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: December 08, 2012 11:50PM

I worked hard jobs that were dangerous and hot but paid well. My dream was always to retire as early as possible. Through frugality, building Soc Sec. benefits, a fixed mortgage and a pension I got there ten years earlier than planned.

The clip made me think, though, I could have been a lot easier on myself when I was young.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 12:53AM

Small doses of ideas such as this are so much more useful than reading thirty minutes a day of bad religious fiction from the eighteen hundreds.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 03:35AM

I'd live on a large modern high tek sailing vessel, and sail from island to island, surfing the best waves.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 10:06AM

http://www.hallberg-rassy.com/yachts/center-cockpit-boats/64/

Watch the videos. This yacht is a marvelous piece of engineering. If I were to win the lottery, I would buy one of these yachts. But I won't hold my breath.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2012 10:08AM by saviorself.

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: December 12, 2012 11:26AM

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 03:49AM

Ever see a yacht full of hookers?

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 04:14AM

Exactly what I am doing.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 09:28AM

Posted by: EllieMay ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 09:49AM

I saw this question and thought long and hard about it, but couldn't think of a single thing I'd do differently (aside from donate more to charity and pay off my student loans). I'm 26 and I absolutely love my chosen career. Even if I didn't get paid, I'd probably do it for free. Realising all of this made me quite happy :-)

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 10:56AM

So how do I make money playing video games and chasing girls all day?

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 11:43AM

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 02:01PM

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 01:26PM

Take care of my family, fund a couple of social service agencies that are dear to my heart and then buy a new truck and big 5th wheel and go trap shooting full time for the rest of my life....

Ron Burr

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 01:55PM

Retire to some wooded acreage and garden as much of my own food as I can. Work in my woodshop, surf the web, play with photoshop, help my relatives' kids get an education, spend more time with my friends.

I'm about ten years out from some of this anyways, it would just be a nice time warp to get to do so now. :)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 08:31PM

I'm about ten years out as well. Every day I dream of ways to cut that time even shorter. ;-)

I'd buy my dream house by the water and have fun decorating it and landscaping it. I'd buy a boat and better develop my painting and photography. I'd travel all over the world. I'd help family members.

I'd love to be the first person that the president of the local hospital or my alma mater thinks of if they need money for a pet project. I'd get involved with the local arts scene and various organizations.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 01:56PM

I would still teach, though I'd have a nicer house and a better motorcycle. It'd be easier to go through grad school though if I wasn't working full time as well.

I'd also travel quite a bit more.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 07:59PM

But I would be a hell of lot more selective.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 08:04PM

I would follow my passion which turned out to be teaching....but love fashion as well. I would just live comfortably, travel when I could and share my wealth with others- especially those organizations I most identify with....especially the military.

If I was real wealthy I would be one of those people who would pay for my things at K-mart and then when the next person came thru the line after me, the clerk would say that lady just paid for your things and the little that is left over goes to the next customer. That would be so cool to do.

Posted by: brook ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 08:42PM

Hookers and Blow.

Posted by: rachel1 ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 09:03PM

Split my time between my country house and traveling the world to see all the great historical places. Of course, I'd take my daughters and their families with me.

Posted by: swiper ( )
Date: December 11, 2012 10:51PM

I would buy tens of thousands of acres of land and host a large sanctuary for abused pets and stock animals.

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 09:09PM

Take out the oil companies to stop their production, then start over. Create more local communities to work in and shop so people can walk or bike.

Remove the gun lobby.

OK. Done with political ideas (for now).

See my cousin and his family more often. Build and stock a wine cellar. Ski.

And still keep my current job.

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 09:16PM

Cool video, thanks for sharing.

Me? I'd stop the violins and promote whirled peas.

Of course, the violins would be of the badly tuned variety as I generally love music, and the veg would be lightly salted with some butter and probably fresh dill. Everybody deserves a nice dinner.

On a serious note, if money were truly no object I'd do all sorts of socially conscious things aimed at *real* political change to promote justice for those without a voice, which would probably get me promptly assassinated by some religious lunatic.

I'd probably just travel everywhere in the world, eat amazing food but mostly french, and get pedicures/massages every day. Wash, rinse, repeat ;-)

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 09:50PM

What would I do???

I would become a philanderer.....uh..I mean a philanthopist

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 10:16PM

Why not do both? ;)

Actually, I've been thinking a lot about this lately. If money were no object, and this life is all there is, I'd go back to school to eventually get a PhD in medical bioengineering. I'm going to look into it. It'll take years, but the one thing I have is time...

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 10:48PM

Two chicks at the same time

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: December 09, 2012 11:38PM

I would travel more, relax more, and hire a chef to make me better food that I can do for myself.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.