Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: December 10, 2012 06:21PM

So I'm standing in the checkout line at Trader Joe's and I take out my iPhone to check my inbox while waiting. As soon as I saw this little gem, my blood began to boil: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765617349/Woman-who-had-lived-lesbian-lifestyle-brings-hope-to-Mormons-with-same-sex-attraction-through-LDS.html

So help me, if I see the words "same-sex attraction/attracted" or "gay/lesbian lifestyle" ONE MORE TIME.....Gah!!!

Fortunately, there are a few people who posted comments that challenge the blatantly condescending attitude, the obsolete and offensive "same-sex attracted" & "living the gay/lesbian lifestyle" memes, and the concept that living the so-called "gay/lesbian lifestyle" is a sinful, miserable, unfulfilled & unfulfilling struggle.

I just wonder how many more shills they'll trot out to promote this garbage. If somebody wants to deny their true nature and live a different life, that's up to them. I haven't walked in those particular shoes, so I'm not gonna judge. But when you promote this bullsh!t quackery on an official "church" website, dangling a carrot in one hand while slamming the iron rod down on Boyd K. Packer's little gay factory with the other...... I guess they WANT more gay people to leave and take their tithing money and the statistically 5 other family members and/or friends who leave with them. Or even worse, more suicides.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: December 10, 2012 06:29PM

DW and I looked at this last night (someone had posted it to Facebook). I wonder how they knew to track this lady down and how much they had to pay her to "tell her story". Seriously--if that's the way she lived her life, so be it. If she chose to change, so be it. Whose business is it, anyway, if she has lived both ways. And, if that IS the case, unless she's been advertising it (according to the article, she was very hesitant to share), where does the church get that info? Is that something that's on her permanent record? (*Used to be lesbian)?

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: December 11, 2012 09:30AM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 10, 2012 06:31PM

I'm speechless--and not because I think what she is doing is a good thing. I also know someone who is lesbian who has lived in a heterosexual marriage for over 30 years because she believes. Not like the marriage has been all that "special"--but I guess as they are now retired, they have a companion. (And she did state she is looking forward to polygamy in the CK . . . )

Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: December 10, 2012 06:40PM

Oh that is just painful. Excruciating. Being gay is not som horrible affliction. Does the church spend this kind of energy on domestic violence?

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 11, 2012 05:20AM

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: December 10, 2012 06:51PM

Is this the real purpose behind the new website? To make gays hate themselves? To contradict scientific findings that gay people are just plain gay, and they can only be happy by being who they are?

Unbelievable. Condescending. Cruel.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: December 10, 2012 06:51PM

I used to be tall but then I changed. I am much happier now.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 10, 2012 08:21PM

What's a "lesbian lifestyle" anyway? Giving yourself a buzz-cut and shopping for combat boots? Then what? Oh. the munching, of course.

So she's still a lesbian but lying for appearances, or is she bisexual? If she's bi, whoopdy shit. Big sacrifice.

Try doing something like having sex with an animal for the lord. No offence to women, but I'm a Kinsey 6. I'm terrified of the 'ginas.

Posted by: SG ( )
Date: December 11, 2012 05:39AM

Is this the same person that wrote that horrible book "Born this Way" which I read when I was at BYU?

Mormons will latch on to ANY story that makes them feel warm and fuzzy about their discrimination, even if the story is one in a million.

When I was going through "reparative therapy" I met some of these brainwashed gay people that were absolutely miserable being married to the opposite sex, but "knew" the church was true and that they would be cured. Mind you, these people had been in therapy for decades. It was and is so sad.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: December 11, 2012 07:05AM

Yes, same woman that wrote "Born..". They are having to stretch to find such shills. They don't have a stampede of useful idiots.

Posted by: Gazelam ( )
Date: December 11, 2012 09:30AM

I find it hard to take seriously a 52 year old woman who 'lived a lesbian lifestyle' 30 years ago. So she had a fling with a girl when she was 20 or 21, and panicked and got hitched when she was 22?

Scarier thought is how they tracked her down after 30 years. Someone from COB found her in their old 'lesbian files'?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.