Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: DanUK29 ( )
Date: December 13, 2012 05:40PM

If the Mayans were Nephites, then surely their prediction for the end of time was divinely inspired, therefore the world is imminently going to end?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sixoclock ( )
Date: December 13, 2012 06:51PM

My parents thought for years that crazy things were going to happen leading up to the end of the world this Dec. In talking to them the last few days about it and since nothing has looked like the world is actually coming to an end, they are acting like they never thought it was in the first place. Im sure all the other people will act as if they werent waiting for it as well.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: December 13, 2012 07:09PM

I don't think they're actually expecting it, but it's certainly on their minds as a 'just in case' sort of thing.

My friend has asked me to make sure that I have an emergency kit on hand, and she asked me if I thought she should worry about December 21st.

I said, "What do you do each year on December 31st?" She looked at me blankly. I said, "You turn the calendar over to another year. That's all. Nothing to see her. Move along."

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: December 13, 2012 07:13PM

For a lot of idiot mormons, this will go down as their "Annus Horribilis".

Their man didn't get the job that he had been applying for since 2007, and now to top it off, the world isn't going to end.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: December 13, 2012 07:15PM

I don't know any personally that think so. I'm sure some do.

Posted by: voweaver ( )
Date: December 13, 2012 07:49PM

With their emergency kits and their massive food storage, I'm sure the Mormons think the world is gonna end EVERY month!

~VOW

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 13, 2012 08:00PM

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 13, 2012 08:00PM

They live life waiting for all hell to break loose.
It's a very fearful way to live.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: December 13, 2012 08:17PM

I don't think they do, no. They don't believe in the Mayan religion and I'm not sure your train of thought really resonates with the typical Mormon believer.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: December 13, 2012 11:03PM

Every time a Mormon wakes up in the morning, it's a whole new world without any connection to history. The prophet might tell members to kiss a goat's ass today, and they will. And they will claim that they have always smooched ram butts, with their lips drawing near.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.