Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 10:01PM

Do these girls realize that Joseph Smith was NOT THAT DIFFERENT THAN WARREN JEFFS? What good side to polygamy? It's tons of kids who do not seem to get enough one on one attention and jealousy. Perhaps I'm too negative, but polygamy seems to be about as appealing as bathing in hot lava.
Plus their ancestors suffered under that system. I don't understand why it is that I'm stuck knowing so much about Mormon history when I have never been a Mormon and WON'T be a Mormon especially since I'm black and the church did not have a good history of liking us brown people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 12:25AM

And the LDS who think Sister Wives is just awful can't see that Joseph Smith wasn't just as bad ... he was worse because there were more women involved, more emotional/spiritual manipulation and it was just more lonely and dangerous. But Mormons can sing "Praise to the Man" while dissing Sister Wives and claiming they aren't "Real Mormons." Weird.

Posted by: Chromesthesia ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 01:44AM

So true. All of that polygamy stuff is because of Joseph Smith. Those tons of women and children that suffered, all his fault. Because the dude just could not control his libido!

Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 02:07AM

+1000

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 01:57AM

I don't believe for a min that any of the "Sister Wives" are truly happy. They are constantly complaining and I'm sorry, but have you noticed how much weight they've gained since Season 1? I hear little snippets of discontent every episode. Stupid Kody is the only one that's "happy" at this point as far as I'm concerned. I think Robin was happy at one point but the magic has faded. The rest of the "Sister Wives" not only look miserable physically, but sound miserable. Remember what lying for the Lard involves? It involves lying your ass off and turning that frown upside down whatever the cost. I'm sorry but NONE of those b!tches are happy. How could they be? Their kids can barely stand to be in the same room.

Posted by: Kori ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 01:58AM

I must say that I cannot in the right mind say that I can judge another adult in whatever they want to get into. I have seen a lot of the world and I have seen polygamy that works just fine. Just like I have seen monogamist a that are abusive, mean and disgusting, that does not make monogamy wrong either, to each his own, I say, as long as they are free to choose, which, unfortunately in some of these sects, they are not allowed.

I love this show, it reminds me of forcing my giant dog into the sheer to deal with her stink, she pretends its to there and drags and acts like she does not know its coming...this show forces the church to do the same. It opens up a window to the fact that Mormonism teaches polygamy and they can't deny it...it does more damage to them than anything we could ever do, so go, guy with the lady hair, go talk about it and ow great it is, please go one forever.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.