Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wulfric ( )
Date: December 22, 2012 06:40AM

I left the church years ago, halfway through serving my mission. I had began to behave like a high pressure salesman, encourage by the church to recruite as many vunerable people as possible.I just couldn't hack it anymore.
Since leaving all those years ago I have drifted spiritually, flirted with Buddism and Sufism. Both have some beautiful and relevant philosophies, but for me they were too culturally alien.
I have always loved nature and wild places, even as a child I would find myself drawn to the natural world. To me these places had a spirit, something that wasn't easily named or identified, but whose presence was always felt.
Druidism has led me to identify that spirituality I have always been aware of, but could never articulate or name.
I've just started the bardic course of OBOD (http://www.druidry.org/)here in England.
It's a million miles from Mormonism, but for the first time since leaving the church, I feel I have found my spiritual path!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: December 22, 2012 06:54AM

Druids by Morgan Llywelyn is one of my favorite books. I think if it feels right, you should go for it all the way :) Good Luck!

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: December 22, 2012 11:37AM

My National Geographic subscription scratches that itch for me.

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: December 22, 2012 11:46AM

After leaving Mormonism I spend several years among Wiccans and other NeoPagans, although not Druids specifically. It was a very good change for me and a good antidote to Mormonism by awaking my senses and imagination. It was also a lot of fun!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 22, 2012 02:15PM

Just make sure you get the measurments right on the stonehenge monument next time you do a concert.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.