Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cackhanded ( )
Date: January 02, 2013 01:46PM

Anyone here involved in the UK Pagent?

I am a closet doubter in the East Manchester area of the UK, would be great if we had some closet doubters in the cast!

They have been pushing it in our ward and stake.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: January 02, 2013 03:53PM

Posted by: cackhanded ( )
Date: January 02, 2013 04:19PM

from the website britishpageant.org

"In the summer of 2013 the United Kingdom is to play host to the first official pageant of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) to take place outside of North America. In the USA pageants are big part of Latter-day Saint culture in the summer months, with annual events in Manti, Palmyra and Nauvoo. These events commemorate important events from Church history the scriptures and have audiences of thousands each year.

The LDS British Pageant is to follow the same format but with a focus on the history of the Church in the British Isles, written and performed by members from around the United Kingdom. Throughout their history, the British people have demonstrated this desire to do God’s will, requiring personal sacrifice and tremendous courage. This pageant will tell the story of Latter-day Saints who have sacrificed much to build their faith, and to strengthen their communities."

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: January 02, 2013 04:21PM

what a complete rape on British history!

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: January 02, 2013 04:49PM

Are you joining the cast?

Sounds like a fun day out.

I attended a LDS chapel in the Leeds England Mission Area (West Yorkshire) for two years.

I mostly enjoyed 'LDS activities' during my two years of 'Golden Investigator/Dry Mormon' status.

I couldn't continue once I knew the real history and details. Still I'm fond of most members I associated with.

Posted by: S. Tissue Trotter ( )
Date: January 02, 2013 04:56PM

http://bycommonconsent.com/20012/12/03/a-british-pageant-part-1/

See the over 50 responses.

"...the British do not seem to have the same penchant for kitsch and hammy theatrics."

Posted by: UK-Sinner ( )
Date: January 03, 2013 06:13PM

To include a scene depicting the great baseball baptism programme of the late 1960s/early 70s.

"What's that big club Mister?"

"It's a game we play in the U S of A sonny, join our church & you get to be on the team"

Posted by: Claire Ferguson ( )
Date: January 04, 2013 08:05PM

Hope they hold it, in true pagent fashion, outside.

Good chance it will rain.

Posted by: jbstyle ( )
Date: January 04, 2013 09:39PM

I've heard about it -- my dad and stepmom are the "office couple" in the Manchester mission. They told me that it was in response to the "Book of Mormon" musical.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.