Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: taketheredpill ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 07:56PM

Honestly,

I would like to see it fail, be exposed, be laughed at, go into a tail-spin and not know where to land.

I want to see tons of people resign. So many that the TSCC wouldn't know what to do. And, all the PR and mainstream focus wouldn't work anymore.

They lied to me, I have given my life to guilt, shame, pressure, confusion and a lot of wasted praying, service and time to something that is simply a man-made lie.

I want the to spell to be over, I want to see my family walk away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 07:58PM

I would like the same.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 08:14PM

+1111

Posted by: 2humble4u ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 08:13PM

Monson to die so that Packer can take over. Just imagine the possiblities...

Posted by: buddyjoe ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 08:15PM

Well -
Nothing.
There are so many people in any Church that would fall apart without a church.

Many people get told what, when and how to do something. They are unable to function without someone how tells them what’s right what’s wrong, when to shit and if in which direction.
They would just plain fall apart, their life would become pointless.

So let them be.

The only thing what I really would like to see is the disappearance of missionaries and equal rights to woman and homosexuals.

Just saying.

Date: January 09, 2013 08:37PM

The problem with it continuing, is that it continues.

I know there are people who would fall apart. A lot of them are in my family.

I would like them to learn that the church is false. Even the ones who are 80. At least they would have a moment of life knowing that the church isn't what it says it is. I know that's harsh. Life is hard.

Millions of mormons have made life harder than it should have been for millions more. Why should mormons be spared the truth? Sometimes the truth is difficult. That's called life. Everyone should know and learn as much truth as they can while they are here on this planet. It serves no person well to live a lie and then pass it on. Truth can be painful. Excruciating at times. In the long run, the truth is best.

If Emma had told the truth about what she knew, many of us wouldn't be having this discussion. Mormonism would have most likely come to an end. She couldn't tell her children the truth. She wanted them to have a good image of their father. We are all paying for that.

Date: January 09, 2013 09:16PM

Mia said:
I would like them to learn that the church is false. Even the ones who are 80. At least they would have a moment of life knowing that the church isn't what it says it is.

Well I knew back in the late 70ties a man in the LDS church, he was back than in his late 70ties.
He had it all. Survived his wife and his son. Was the only one left since his brother past away too.
So he did it all in the church, had many callings. Once I drove him home from my moms birthday party and we talked about church. I was inactive than. I told him that the church could not be true. Surprisingly he said: “Yes I know”.
He said:
What should I become? Catholic, Lutheran, Evangelical? There are not true either. There is an almighty god but you will not find god in any churches or scriptures. Got is in your spiritual thoughts. God is a very private more intimate experience.

But he said in his case, being a refugee from Hungary after WW II, lost his entire family and found only his wife’s brother in a mental institution, where should he go? The only son death in a train wreck when he was 18 years old. No extended family, no brothers, sisters, uncles and aunts. The church was family.

Yes he paid 10% and more. He said he looked at it like a retirement fund.
He is alone after his wife past away 3 years ago.
Now he is still in a community, people know him, pick him up to church, HT showing up and he volunteers for the flower garden behind the ward. Every now and than activities that people pick him up to. He said he has still a full life.
Yes the church is not the true church. But there is no church of God. God never created one.

But he said, this was the church community that fits his needs. He is not ashamed because he paid for it his entire life.

That’s a view on the Church too.

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 02:08AM

+100000000 That man really knows what he's talking about :)

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 08:19PM

I was going to say that I honestly don't care, because I've walked away from it and put it behind me. But I guess I'd at least not like to see it grow like a weed, because I'd be too upset to see that many people taken for a ride. A very expensive ride at that.

I can't imagine it happening any time soon, but I would like to see them being honest about their history and to stop claiming to be God's one and only true church. I'd like to see them stop putting so much pressure on their members to be perfect. It's such a stressful organization to belong to.

Posted by: unworthy ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 08:27PM

What "church"?

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 08:33PM

I'd like to see a MAJOR GA sex scandal. We could call it good even if nothing else happens after.

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 09:22PM

A major GA sex scandal almost happened with George P. Lee. It was hushed up extremely well, though. Pretty sick.

I'd like to see it dwindle into nothingness--slowly so as not to upset some of the decent yet fragile TBMs who will hang on until the end of their days. In the meantime, I'll settle for it becoming more Protestant and less fundamentalist, but I don't think that will happen until after Packer and Bednar have passed on and realized the error of their ways.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 12:16PM

There was that, but I want something bigger and that would get through to people. Like Bednar caught bending Kim Kardashian over. I want the national tabloids filled with pickle references.

I'd die happy.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 08:38PM

I'd like to have something happen where Mormons are forced to see themselves the way everyone else sees them. If they want to believe in their fairy tale, I don't care. What I can't stand is the arrogance, the judgmentalness, the feeling they are entitled to tell me how to live and co-opt MY children into THEIR church. How they think their Jesus is the only Jesus, the only valid belief system. How clueless they are that their spiritual experiences are the only legitimate ones. And so on and so on. If they could play nicely with other children, they could play whatever game they want. But they are the conscienceless school bullies (as a group - not speaking of individual, better Mormons) who routinely treat people in ways they wouldn't tolerate being treated.

I'm not sure what that would be - they are so buried in their shell. But I'd like Mormons to see that they are just one belief system not THE belief system. And not even a good one.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: January 09, 2013 08:40PM

I would love nothing more than for it to just fold up shop, but that ain't gonna happen.

Next best thing is happening as we speak.

Fewer people are getting suckered into it.

Mormonism has become a joke in the USA.

Europeans are not interested.

Japan & Korea membership has flatlined.

Their businesses are starting to falter. Beneficial Life has closed and they sold off a number of their radio stations. A few years ago they reduced their paid staff by a decent number and now (rumor) they are cutting budgets.

I don't think all's well in Zion.

Any multi-national corporation can fail. It's up to us, those who have discovered the truth, to voice our opinions to our never-mo friends. Let them know what a bad organization it is.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 12:44AM

I would like to see its temples broken, ward houses sold off, and to hear the lamentations of its Relief Societies.

Posted by: blackholesun ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 02:43PM

Do you know the riddle of steel?

Date: January 10, 2013 01:04AM

I really don't understand.
You guys left. that’s good.

But others for some reason stay. So it's none of my business what they do and why.
They all could know but they chose not to know, they even scared to death if someone tells them.
It’s more like take a broken dangerous toy away from children. So let them have their toy.

Date: January 10, 2013 01:16AM

When my grandchildren, and others in my family that are being born into it, are indoctrinated, it makes it my business.

If it stopped with my parents or siblings I would be fine with that. However, it's not stopping there.

I receive a baby announcement at the rate of one every 4 to 6 months. These babies are going to be indoctrinated in. Two of them are the grandchildren of my husband. The rest are children of my nieces and nephews.

I will not be the one to shut my mouth and watch these kids be lied to for the rest of their lives.

At this time I can't go to them directly. I'll do what I can to indirectly have an influence on people leaving the church. My hope is that it will eventually filter down and keep these babies from being raised in a cult.

I'm very lucky that my own children have left the church. I don't have to worry about any grandbabies being indoctrinated into the cult. I do have to see the heartbreak of my husband though. His son is TBM and a very determined one at that. They are having babies as fast as nature allows. They will all be perfect little mormons. It's so sad.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 01:37AM

excuse me sir, but your 'broken toy' illegally organized and took away my right to marry in the state of california.

i was raised in this cult and was greatly harmed by the child abuse that is institutionalized in it. if mormons are hurt because of their involvement in this rotton cult, welcome to the club!

Date: January 10, 2013 02:01AM

Sorry to hear that. I am really sorry because I now exactly what you talk about.
I left the church 30 years ago and still suffer from a dysfunctional lost family and lost childhood. Why do you think I am still around the RFM?

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 01:52AM

They can die from the virus, they can't spread the virus, especially to their children.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 02:22AM

People stay because they are lied to, intimidated, scared, made to feel guilty and worthless. It's not an informed choice to stay. We need to inform people so they can make a real decision.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 01:08AM

i would like to see EXACTLY what IS happening...

the young people leaving the cult. it's all downhill from here. enjoy the show!

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 01:12AM

I would like for them to have to start paying taxes and open their books, open their archives, etc. Make everything public.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 01:18AM

+1 for sure

Posted by: greekgod ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 01:16AM

I'd like to see a revert back to the way it was back in the 1800s, when they spiked the sacramental wine with hallucinogens and people were freaking out in the pews. You would see me in church on Sunday.

Posted by: AltaRica ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 01:20AM

I would like to see a corporate attorney/CPA who is intimately familiar with the Internal Revenue Code and the legal structure(s) of business to write a book exploring, in detail, how ChurchCo's finances work. Even if no one has access to TSCC's balance sheets, there's enough we DO know about how the corporation works that an expert could lay out a scenario showing how TSCC launders money between itself, tithepayers, its subsidiaries, and entities it does business with, all while avoiding taxes.

For all we know, everything TSCC does is legal. But someone needs to bring to light how a "church", with no financial accountability, is taking advantage of our current system to operate a racket. Will this make every TBM see the light? Of course not. But it will get many of them thinking, and an expose like this may be the catalyst for some sort of action from the government or the IRS.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 01:50AM

Go Away

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 02:13AM

Tithing income drop. Investments fail. People leave in droves. Leaders arrested for fraud, tax evasion. Banned as a cult in many countries. The SL temple drop into a sinkhole. Gays sue the cult for billions and win. Mormonism go the way of other cults and die.

Posted by: koriwhoremonger ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 11:18AM

I think it's historical significance should be preserved. Not as a temple though. I'd like to see it become a museum of Utah history that's open to the public. There are a few other early Mormon buildings that I'd preserve as well. But all of the "modern" temples and all of the cookie cutter meeting houses could disappear and I wouldn't miss a one.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 02:25AM

I'd like to see everything made public. All the finances, all the shit in the granite vaults, all the dirty little secrets.

Would it shut them down. No. That's ok because a lot of people would leave. Hopefully my family would be numbered among the escapees.

That would work for me.

Posted by: stokars ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 11:07AM

Vaporize. That's what is req'd of destructive viruses. However, the best way to make the church go away is the same as a megalomaniac--ignore it. Polarization is how it thrives. Read Eric Hoffer's The True Believer and The Ordeal of Change. People join mass movements to define themselves & realize purpose. When they can't get it one place, they go to another. If they cannot realize self-esteem they substitute Faith. If they cannot realize self-confidence, they substitute Pride. People are not all as fragile as one may suppose. They just look elsewhere for someone/something to give them purpose & a vehicle to be acknowledged & validated. I don't identify myself as an exMO because that is polarization & still identifying with Morgdumb. Be who you want to be, let others be what they are w/o remonstrance. Don't own their problems with authenticity/insecurity. J.R.Holland is one the most insecure people I've observed in years.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 10, 2013 04:15PM

IT COULD GO AWAY

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.