Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 11:37PM

Are Churchco leaders SO OBLIVIOUS to human dynamics that they 'just don't get' the impact of their decisions, policies-procedures?

when there's a family or marital problem... are they So Determined to find a "Guilty" party, they ignore the totality of what's going on?

people ACT, and should be responsible for their actions... but what about the examples/decisions of church leaders? They're EXEMPT, aren't they?

(does anyone understand my question?)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 11:46PM

I read the headline, and I figured the question was going to be,
"why is forbiddencokedrinker so freaking awesome?"

Your own question is almost as good. Someone else could start a separate thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2013 11:47PM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 11:47PM

Hey THAT is MY question!

Also why is forbiddencokedrinker so freaking hilarious?

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 11:46PM

I think I understand it.

At the local level - bishops, stake presidents and such - here's what I think the answer is:

This is only true of SOME of them. Some of them are actually very good at those things while others are really, really bad at it.

Unfortunately the way the Mormon church organization and culture is set up it greatly increases the problem:

1) These local clergy get minimal training. Their training primarily consists of "work harder" and "follow the spirit".

2) They are essentially picked at random. The church pretends it is by inspiration, but clearly that is bunk.

3) There is no reasonable appeal when a church leader abuses their authority. Members are taught not to question their leaders - priesthood leaders specifically. "Speaking evil of the Lord's anointed" is a major sin.

------------------

At the top level the method of succession is deeply flawed. It virtually guarantees that the top supreme leaders of the church should be in the geriatrics ward not leading a church.

It will always be very old, very out of touch men who have been insulated for the real world for years and years and have had people fawning over them for being holy and great for probably 50 years. Their sense of reality is great skewed.

Posted by: buddyjoe ( )
Date: January 11, 2013 11:57PM

At a certain level in a food chain it is not even questionable if the decision made had an impact on others which are ruled.

The entire society is built on a chain of command.
It goes way back in history. Farmer Miller could not speak to the King. But Farmer Miller knows someone how works in the castle and he knows a girl ho knows someone…….

We accept that.

Well your boss could have every freaking day sex in his office with his secretary. Everyone could knows this, and Mr. Smith get fired by the same boss, because he had sex with a co worker in the basement, because it’s against the company policy.
Everybody accept the system.
A bishop can rule you if you accept his ruling because he is next in the line and he knows the SP and the SP knows……. The outcome of someone below the food chain is not even in the picture. It’s all about ruling from the top down.
We humans are conditioned to this system since minimum Moses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2013 12:00AM by buddyjoe.

Posted by: laurel ( )
Date: January 12, 2013 12:02AM

Most men are clueless to the world around them. What do you expect from clueless priesthood holders who believe they are God's gift to the world.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: January 12, 2013 12:11AM

That sounds vaguely sexist..

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.