Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Liz ( )
Date: January 23, 2013 07:42PM

Their section for missionary sisters will be called 'Sister Mac' and will have 'all the clothing sister missionaries will need'.

Another marketing ploy for all those parents who need to get their daughters ready for marketing the Book of Mormon.

But then, right after that bit of news, the news about Colorado City and the polygamous problems there made me mighty glad I'm not one of those poor teens trying to sell something that isn't what it seems. I don't want my granddaughter to think she has to 'go' now that the age has been lowered. It really is upsetting.

And to think that those running the show know of the problems and lies and whitewashing and still they continue to push a fraudulent product all in the name of religion, and they hide behind the youthful missionaries who don't know enough truth to really make an intelligent decision about their own life.

I predict a mass exodus as these young missionaries meet with those around the world who know more than the missionaries and share their findings. Awake and arise....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: January 23, 2013 07:45PM

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: January 23, 2013 07:45PM

The one silver lining about the lowered missionary age for women is that it is going to make it a lot harder for the FLDS cult to find new sister wives.

Posted by: jenn ( )
Date: January 23, 2013 07:59PM

I bet the clothes are hidious flowery designs

Posted by: What me worry? ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 12:35AM

I looked at this link and read the Monson quote quickly, I miss-read it as "there is room for a lovely vibrator in your dresser.... lol

-Alfred E Newman-

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 23, 2013 08:28PM

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: January 23, 2013 09:05PM

And that top/jacket makes her look fat.
Or preggo.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 09:19AM

And they got a pretty black woman to represent LDS missionary work? That's ballsy of them. And inaccurate, of course.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: January 23, 2013 08:37PM

I got a kick out of the picture of a black sistah with the blonde girl. Like 50% of the sister missionaries are African American.

And the makeup/dress examples depict 30% of the sister missionaries (models) as African Americans.

The Church lies so much in its photographs --even when they admit it is a false representation like the outrageous one of Joseph Smith "translating" the plates with the gold plates right there in the open --no hat, no curtain, no lump with a cloth over it.

Anagrammy

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 09:21AM

They are all quite beautiful, though, which makes me think that they got the missionary women from Temple Square together for the photo shoot.

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: January 23, 2013 08:47PM

There are also the nice little bits about how their hair should be attractive and how makeup can help them look nicer.

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: January 23, 2013 08:56PM

Oo, and this too!
"Choose bras that are white or cream colored, durable, comfortable, and modest. Make sure you have slips that coordinate with the color and length of your skirts. If riding a bicycle, you may wear spandex shorts under your skirts for modesty."

Because somehow someone will know what color their bras are and that's bad, and it's always an awesome idea to wear spandex biking shorts over spandex biking shorts (ie a particular type of garment bottom)!

Posted by: anoninnv ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 12:39AM

A lot of those outfits are just hideous. Wow.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: January 23, 2013 08:58PM

Actually, I don't see anything unattractve about the outfit the African American woman is wearing in the first photo where she's next to the blonde woman. That hot pink color and the pattern on the blouse are both pretty and fashionable, and in a different shot she is also wearing some cute, chunky turquoise jewelry.

I would never assume any woman dressed like that was a missionary. There's nothing immodest about her outfit, but I don't find it frumpy. (Of course, the fact that she is young, beautiful and thin probably makes almost anything look good on her, too.)

Posted by: sparkyguru ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 12:28AM

Now I know why guys get the PH, girls get to wear clothes with colors on them, suddenly it all makes sense

Posted by: tacotio ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 12:42AM

That photo is sooooo UNAMERICAN ! what happened to the "right to bare arms" as given us in the US Constitution ! Bring back bare shoulders !

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 12:56AM

I didn't see anything that would keep a woman warm in -20ยบ weather. I guess it's summer all the time when you're on a mission.

Posted by: altava ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 01:45AM

You mean spring and fall right? Because I'm seeing a lot of long sleeved blazers and stuff. While it might not keep you warm in the winter, I'm pretty sure you would fry in the summer.

Also, a lot of these outfits make them look so much older than they I assume they are? Are they suppose to be in there 20's? they look older than that :/

Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 07:44AM

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 08:32AM

Posted by: foggy ( )
Date: January 24, 2013 10:06AM

Do they have a 2-skirt suit set?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.