Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: My name is Tara ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 01:50AM

Hi, All.

Quickie background: I'm 'ex' since I was 15 and have dealt with the challenges of such as the lone 'black sheep' in a very staunch (leadership) family since then. I'm now 44.

Since that time, I haven't given the church as it stands, any more regard than is due--ignoring it as much as one can.

Until now. I have been inspired to take a second, very radical, look at it and what I have come up with I penned in an email I sent to all members of my family just 2 days ago.

Here it is.

Subject: THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE

"...However, the Church's intentional misinterpretation of it, is NOT.

Hello, family. Please stop ignoring me long enough to read this one email, and then I will go away. I promise. What I have to say is IMPORTANT. Please read with an open heart and mind, knowing that I LOVE YOU, and this is why I persist. If you read it and don't want to hear anymore, do nothing. You will hear directly from me no more. It is my hope that you will give my words some serious consideration without simply dismissing them out of hand, as has been your habit.

Here we go...

The Book of Mormon is not a text of ancient historical fact; I believe it is a text of present (beginning with the founding of the Church by Joseph Smith) and future fact--indeed it clearly foretells the future if left on current course as it matches up to other such writings, events, and beliefs. How do I know this? Because I have thoroughly INVESTIGATED it; through prayerful, diligent research; keeping a soft heart and a wide open mind, and by applying good, old fashioned critical thinking. I am also investigating how and why The Book of Mormon exists, because it DOES exist, and it claims to be 'the most correct book on earth.' I think that claim is worthy of investigating--scrutinizing--given the current state of affairs for all of humanity and the earth on which we temporarily reside.

There is not one single item of physical evidence of the mighty Nephite nation in ANY of the Americas. This has been carefully studied and concluded by many, highly respected archaeologists and historians from all over the world. Not a single coin, not a single surviving text that is spoken of a people purported to be prolific documentarians, no ruins, no great temple in the style of Solomon's great temple, not one brick, not a single sword or any metallurgy described in the mighty wars and battles, no human remains, not so much as a pissing pot exists as evidence. Nadda. There are descriptions of plants, animals, foods, grains, technologies that arrived long after the time the people of the Book of Mormon have been said to exist. DNA testing on Native Americans conclusively link them to Asian descent, not Hebrew or Jewish (as does geographical). Maps in the Book of Mormon do not resemble any land mass known to exist in the world--ancient or modern. None of the names of the people or cities in the Book of Mormon are acknowledged by experts to have existed historically. The Golden Plates were reported to be written in a language that has never been heard of by Egyptologists and the reputations of those who would know have been voluntarily put on the line. And the list goes on and on.

Why is this the only 'known' historical civilization in the world that cannot be explained by historians, scientists, scholars and archaeologists--even by the farthest stretch of the imagination? Are the explanations of researchers within the Church really believable by a critically thinking mind? Why is this the only civilization that is not artifactually represented in a single museum in the world, even by the Church? ('Borrowing' artifacts from Native American tribes who can explain their own lineage just fine and renaming them "Lamanite" doesn't count). I assert that it is because the Book of Mormon speaks not of an ancient civilization, but of OUR civilization. It is a book of MODERN revelation, not necessarily of events historical. The Church leaders know this, and they have ALL lied about it for very sinister reasons, I assure you.

The Church's explanations of the Book of Mormon 'realities' DO NOT MAKE SENSE. However, by shifting perspective and opening closed minds, it makes total sense. The Book of Mormon showed up when it did for very important reasons, or it just wouldn't have shown up at all. It landed in the hands of Joseph Smith under dubious circumstances, at best. Where are the Golden Plates? The explanation that they were taken back up to heaven by an angel only seen by JS is not intelligent given that there is so much historical evidence contradicting this myth. There are thousands of problems with the words and claims of Joseph Smith, but nonetheless, the Book (not the 'plates') DID show up in his hands. So I pondered why. It takes surprisingly very little research to identify a plausible explanation. In the interest of brevity, which is not my strength, I will leave you to either ask or research it for yourself if you are interested.

In short, I have learned that the Book of Mormon just might be the 'most correct book on earth.' However, the shocking Truth of this possible fact is not what the Latter Day Saints will be at all happy to hear--unless they really DO believe something very, very different than they claim.

Just recently, I have felt overwhelmingly compelled to investigate the Church and the Book of Mormon, and, like Nephi, I returned to the tent of my earth father for guidance and to explain many things that I have learned which are truly unbelievable but no less True for it. As usual, I was met with hardened hearts and utter dismissal, unfortunately. Already, I knew the Church wasn't true and no amount of persuasion will ever change my knowing of this. I have known this since my first memory as a child and my consistent attitude and behavior towards it proves this. I have found so far, however, the Book of Mormon to be a very correct book, and I plan to pursue unlocking its secrets (which, when you understand its True context, really are quite obvious). Not only is it fascinating, it is critical to the immediate and long-term future of mankind, and thus, a very exciting prospect. To be clear, the Book of Mormon, I believe, is True (well, most of it. I have a theory about the very beginning). EVERYTHING after it, in Church doctrine, is a LIE. Other 'works' by JS have been thoroughly debunked as outright frauds or plagiarisms. The stories explaining all of them, the Book of Mormon included, vary widely and can easily be debunked by some simple research through Church history.

I challenge you--yes, challenge you--to read the Book of Mormon, as I am. Right now. I ask you to read and study it with me. That book contains critical Truth, in my opinion, and I am a Truth seeker. I could use some help from those who understand it as interpreted/reported. Read it not as a history of events long past, as you always have, but as a telling of history since Joseph Smith, considering current events (many of which the Truth you still do not know) and with an eye toward our future. This will require you to make uncomfortable adjustments such as theorizing that the 'great and abominable church,' is, in fact, the LDS church, a pagan religion, an important arm of the Freemasonry/Illuminati agenda that is very much our reality (not to confuse 'Truth' with 'reality,' the two being very, very different things):

1 Nephi 13:6
"And it came to pass that I beheld this great and abominable church; and I saw the devil that he was the founder of it."
Pay new attention to the temple endowment ceremony. When Adam and Eve call upon 'God,' in the Garden of Eden, who shows up? Who claims ruling domain as 'The Lord' of this earth?

It is NO MISTAKE that Satanic symbolism is carved into temples and church buildings. No mistake that there is Freemasonry symbolism everywhere in and on the church. No mistake that all symbolism used by the LDS church is Freemasonry. No mistake that the temple ceremony wording, dress, handshakes and rites are identical to Freemasonry wording, dress, handshakes, rites and rituals. 'The Priesthood' is 100% pagan 'secret religion.' The Brotherhood/Brethren is 100% pagan 'secret religion.' No mistake, the mandates to OBEY, marry and multiply, and convert, convert, convert. This is ALL exactly according to the Illuminati plan to keep humanity enslaved on this earth. Biding your time on earth in anticipation of eternal rewards after death is a LIE and a waste of precious life, love, and creativity that is your birthright given to you by your Creator. God is not a man, nor was he ever. Man as God is a pagan, FREEMASON/ILLUMINATI ambition. We are pure consciousness, having a temporal experience on this earth in our present body form and function. That's it and that's All.

1 Nephi 13:26
"And after they go forth by the hand of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, from the Jews unto the Gentiles, thou seest the formation of a great and abominable church, which is most abominable above all other churches; for behold, they have taken away from the gospel of the Lamb many parts which are plain and most precious; and also many covenants of the Lord have they taken away."
Important things such as FREEDOM. The True context of the Book of Mormon has absolutely been robbed from humanity by the LDS church. Church leaders, from day one, have deliberately twisted Truth into utter lies and ALL OF HUMANITY has suffered and IS suffering for it.

1 Nephi 13:27
"And all this have they done that they might pervert the right ways of the Lord, that they might blind the eyes and harden the hearts of the children of men."
In my experience, the softest of hearts can be found among the LDS people, if you are one of them. If you question/reject 'The Gospel,' the hardest of hearts are found there instead. This is called conditional "love," and this is not what God is about at all. It is only upon my coming to Turkey and moving among these wonderful people that I am learning what Love really feels like.

The pagan secret ancient religions (secret, just like the LDS temple ceremonies and whatever else may be going on) have been recycled over and over again by the Illuminati to control and enslave humanity. Today is no different. As Americans, we are literal slaves (another conversation), and members of the LDS church are, in my estimation, the most enslaved of all of us (I can speak intelligently on this--you can start by reading the Communist Manifesto and compare it to the demands of the Church leaders on its members. Also consider the withholding of eternal salvation if you displease the Masters, and 'blood atonement' which is pagan, blood sacrifice ritual).

The LDS Manifest Destiny, 'We're gonna rule the world!' hyper-zealot patriotic mentality is just dangerous (both politically and religiously):

1 Nephi 14:3
"And that great pit, which hath been digged for them by that great and abominable church, which was founded by the devil and his children, that he might lead away the souls of men down to hell--yea, that great pit which hath been digged for the destruction of men shall be filled by those who digged it, unto their utter destruction, saith the Lamb of God; not the destruction of the soul, save it be the casting of it into that hell which hath no end."

I feel exactly as Nephi describes feeling when trying to share the Truth with his loved ones. Make no mistake, I AM NO PROPHET and I'm not claiming to have any knowledge that is any different than many, many other "Gentiles..." who bother to do the research. Nevertheless, Nephi states it best for me:

1 Nephi
15:1 And it came to pass that after I, Nephi, had been carried away in the spirit, and seen all these things, I returned to the tent of my father.
15:2 And it came to pass that I beheld my brethren, and they were disputing one with another concerning the things my father had spoken unto them.
15:3 For he truly spake many great things unto them, which were hard to be understood, save a man should inquire of the Lord; and they being hard in their hearts, therefore they did not look unto the Lord as they ought.
15:4 And now I, Nephi, was grieved because of the hardness of their hearts, and also, because of the things which I had seen, and knew they must unavoidably come to pass because of the great wickedness of the children of men.
15:5 And it came to pass that I was overcome because of my afflictions, for I considered that mine afflictions were great above all, because of the destruction of my people, for I had beheld their fall.
15:6 And it came to pass that after I had received strength I spake unto my brethren, desiring to know of them the cause of their disputations.
15:7 And they said: Behold, we cannot understand the words which our father hath spoken concerning the natural branches of the olive-tree, and also concerning the Gentiles.
15:8 And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord?
15:9 And they said unto me: We have not; for the Lord maketh no such thing known unto us. ('The Lord,' being mistaken for 'The Prophet,' for absolutely NO WAY would he make such a thing known to you! Or, 'The Lord,' being Lucifer which is the pagan God of the Church as clearly indicated in the endowment)
5:10 Behold, I said unto them: How is it that ye do not keep the commandments of the Lord? How is it that ye will perish, because of the hardness of your hearts?

...and you know the rest.

1 Nephi 15:27
"And I said unto them that the water which my father saw was filthiness; and so much was his mind swallowed up in other things that he beheld not the filthiness of the water." The 'water' spoken of here is the careful, deliberate poisoning by false prophets and leaders of the LDS Church.

I'll stop for now, and unless I hear from you, I will not bother you again. I have thoroughly researched humanity's state of affairs, and we are in BIG trouble if the Truth goes unrevealed (I'm certainly not alone. Millions are 'waking up' and taking responsibility for our welfare, and things are beginning to shift in a more promising direction). I intend to reveal what bit of it I can to those whose lives are suffering in its absence, without regard for 'hurt feelings' of anyone. If you are at all interested in participating in my Truth seeking quest, I invite you to join me. If you are not interested in participating in a LOVING way, please keep your comments to yourself. I will not tolerate any more verbal abuse, 'instruction' on what I am or am not 'to do,' how awful and wrong I am, or just plain stupid ignorance from any of you. Ever again. I've had my fill of it for life, thank you very much. I thank you in advance for refraining from berating me for ending my lifelong identity crisis by changing my name. I would also appreciate it if you do not slander me to my nieces and nephews (I'm not saying you are. I'm just asking that you don't). Because I love them and I don't feel its fair to impose attitudes on them about me that are baseless. My hope is to have a relationship with them one day, when they are old enough to make that decision for themselves, and I would hope you would respect that, however much we may disagree. Because YOU have been led to believe lies and I HAVEN'T does not warrant ruining the possibilities for a loving relationship with them at some point in my life and theirs.

I love you all. While I've tried to get through to Dad, these words--and many, many more--have fallen on disinterested ears. I feel it is important enough information to deliver directly to you to do whatever you will or won't with it. I'm not asking you to believe anything I say; I'm not asking you to 'like' me--it doesn't matter if you do or don't. I am giving you what I feel is very important information. Discovering Truth can only be done by each person interested in finding it out for themselves. Thanks for your time.

~ your spirit sister, Tara

Thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 01:56AM

The Book of Mormon is not just "not historical," it's also full of crap too.

Sure it's nice when it talks about being nice to each other. But not by invoking anything "spiritual" in order to do that.

Plus, the book is clearly racist.

It really hates the Native Americans.

Date: January 25, 2013 02:12AM

I don't disagree that the book has been entirely tampered with. I believe that most Truth has been hijacked, which is why people believe. There's just enough truth to successfully obscure it in lies.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 02:18AM

It was written by several people as bible fan fiction. Most of the ideas in the book were plagiarized by sermons and other books at the time.

Very little "truth" was in any of the ideas that they stole.

And I don't see anything prophetic about the book either.

Date: January 25, 2013 02:44AM

My theory is that the book is Truth, regardless of how it came to be, if it is used as a play book to create 'reality' by church leaders. This is exactly what they have done, isn't it?

It is full of impossible events--that haven't happened yet.

It can be 'prophetic' if it is allowed to 'play out.'

My premise is based on the theory that it is NOT a historical text. It is a PROPHETIC one.

If you read 1 Nephi with this theory in mind, that the LDS CHURCH is the 'great harlot' church the BoM refers to, it can easily be seen as a prophetic book.

The problem here is that we are believing the church leaders, still.

Don't believe them. Don't believe one word they say. But believe the damage they are DOING. Believe that have a very clear plan of destruction and EVIL. My theory is that the BoM is the BIBLE of that plan. If we read it as such, we can see what the future holds if they are allowed to continue with their plan.

That's my theory.

Posted by: doubtisavirtue ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 02:01AM

So you've exchanged belief in Mormonism for a belief in bizarre Illuminati conspiracy theories?

...actually, I still think that's a pretty substantial improvement. xD At least you came to these conclusions on your own and are not part of an oppressive culture that tries to force such ideas on the world.

Date: January 25, 2013 02:10AM

Nope. I've never had a belief in Mormonism.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 02:47AM

The key is your belief in the "illuminati"; below you describe the BOM as "the playbook of the illuminati."

Sorry, most here don't believe in the illuminati any more than we believe in Nephites or Lamanites...

Study the history of Joseph Smith, and compare it with other charismatic (and over-sexed) cult leaders...

The BOM was simply his prop. The first edition was badly written, borrowed extensively from the KJV, Ethan Smith's "View of the Hebrews," and other obvious sources that support the charge of plagiarism.

In the final analysis, the BOM is badly written racist fiction, and your claim that it is "true" is asisine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2013 02:47AM by SL Cabbie.

Date: January 25, 2013 02:51AM

So was 'Mein Kampf.'

Date: January 25, 2013 03:33AM

P.S. I didn't misread his question. :-)

Date: January 25, 2013 03:42AM

You didn't misread my question, no, but I think you missed the essential point of it. Believing the Illuminati is using the LDS church to push forward its agenda, and the Book of Mormon is its prophetic playbook, is absurd. Maybe not as absurd as Mormonism itself, but still pretty hard to back up.

The LDS church and its history is enough of a "conspiracy" as it is.

Here's the real question: Why would an organization (the Illuminati) bent on secretly taking over the world intentionally publish their playbook for anyone to discover?

That's one of the strangest things about Illuminati conspiracy theories (and pretty common), this idea that an organization they claim is going to great pains to keep itself hidden is also intentionally revealing its plans and goals for...some reason.

Date: January 25, 2013 04:24AM

Actually, I didn't miss the essential point of your question, either.

"Believing the Illuminati is using the LDS church to push forward its agenda, and the Book of Mormon is its prophetic playbook, is absurd. Maybe not as absurd as Mormonism itself, but still pretty hard to back up."

Absurd, no. Very difficult to imagine? Yes. Pretty hard to back up? Not really. It just requires an open mind and a deep desire to know Truth. I have this theory because I have thoroughly researched both the church AND the Illuminati. All the information is easily accessible to everyone inclined to look into it. Mormonism is far more contrived than the Illuminati. A lifetime of Mormonism mind control keeps it members from searching and questioning. What is absurd is to dismiss an idea out of hand without examining it. This is the mistake Mormons make in the first place, isn't it?

"Here's the real question: Why would an organization (the Illuminati) bent on secretly taking over the world intentionally publish their playbook for anyone to discover?"

Because the church is VERY secretive. And because the Illuminati have this weird 'code' that they have to put everything in plain site. When you learn how to 'read' the code, many things that were confusing before become astonishingly obvious. (It has to deal with 'free will/agency')

Also, out of the millions of people who have been introduced to the Book of Mormon, who's the 'anyone' who has discovered it so far? Seems to me, the church has been the ideal 'container' for it. Sometimes the most complex concepts are profoundly simple and obvious when you know what to look for.

They keep things 'hidden in plain site' because there is a code of consent. Acquiescence is consent. So is silence interpreted as consent. When you vote in an election, you are consenting to be governed by the results of that election. Every 'covenant' made in the church is consent to be bound to those covenants. Every 'Amen' to every prayer is consent. Every raising of the arm 'to the square' is consent. What more consent do they need? It does not matter that you don't understand what you are committing to. They don't care. Only that you ARE. This gives them permission to do with you what they will. It's called 'slavery by consent.'

Don't believe me. I'm not asking you to, or anyone. For those interested, the information is out there. Start with basic symbolism research of Freemasonry and compare the initiation rites of Freemasonry with the endowment of the temple. You can find the connection in as little as one google term.

The earth still is 'not flat.'

:-)

Date: January 25, 2013 04:36AM

The fact that the endowment ceremony is copied from Free Masonry is well known to me. But it's much simpler than "The Illuminati planned it as part of an elaborate conspiracy."

The answer is quite simply that Joseph Smith had been inducted into the Masons a few weeks prior, and plagiarized it. That simple. The way he cannibalized every belief system he could find that would contribute to his con.

No conspiracy. Just a con man who saw an ideal blueprint to rip off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2013 04:36AM by doubtisavirtue.

Date: January 25, 2013 04:47AM

Also, this claim of a "code" is pretty dubious. It's easy to find all kinds of parallels in hindsight. "This happened, and it was similar to what was in the Book of Mormon, therefore it was a prophecy."

Prophecies are quite often written in very symbolic or metaphorical language, that can be interpreted a hundred different ways, so it's easy to say any number of events fulfilled it in hindsight.

The real test is can you reliably use it to make concrete predictions?

It's rather like astrology. Studies have shown you can write a horoscope, and no matter what a person's sign is, if you tell them it's the horoscope for their sign, they will see how it TOTALLY applies to them. We humans are natural pattern seekers, very good at finding patterns. Unfortunately we're not nearly as good at checking whether such patterns are real and legitimate.

Look up "apophenia" and "pareidolia" for examples of this kind of phenomenon.

Date: January 25, 2013 05:12AM

Yes, I too knew the standard explanation for the Freemason connection. It's no secret now, but it used to be. Until folks started noticing and asking questions. Then it was (and is) dismissed as a coincidence or explained by sometimes ridiculous mentions. Convenient.

I actually started my research by asking this ONE question:

Why is the pentagram, the official symbol of the Church of Satan, depicted on LDS temples?

After just a few weeks of diligent research, I developed my theory.

If you're interested, try it. It really is that simple.

Date: January 25, 2013 05:17AM

EDIT: How is noting that Joseph Smith was a Mason and a serial plagiarist a "ridiculous mention"? It's a solid explanation. It fits with his typical M.O.

From my understanding, the Masons were damn PISSED when they realized Joseph had ripped off their ceremonies like that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2013 05:23AM by doubtisavirtue.

Date: January 25, 2013 05:29AM

I'm saying that the church's explanations to its members for the connections are 'ridiculous mentions.'

Date: January 25, 2013 05:32AM

Ah, I see, sorry then.

Date: January 25, 2013 05:27AM

"Also, this claim of a "code" is pretty dubious. It's easy to find all kinds of parallels in hindsight. "This happened, and it was similar to what was in the Book of Mormon, therefore it was a prophecy."

Again. This is NOT about history. My theory is that it is a prophecy of the FUTURE. Like, FROM NOW (or starting with the founding of the church). A prophecy is a prediction of the FUTURE. A PLAN is a deliberate effort to FULFILL such prophecy. If we view it as such, and we take a look around, we can either watch it unfold before our eyes, or we can intervene to keep it from becoming history. When it is deliberately set into motion to become history, and it does become history, then JS will, indeed, become to be believed as a true 'Prophet.' As it stands now, he is NOT one. Not YET.

That's all I'm saying. Prove me wrong to yourself. I'm just placing a theory out there. If its TRUE, it will play out. If it ISN'T True, it will not. That's it.

Cheers! ;-)

Date: January 25, 2013 05:32AM

My response clearly indicated I was referring to your claim of it as prophecy of the future, starting from when the church was founded. I don't even know why you felt the need to clarify again that you weren't talking about it as history. The sentence you quoted clearly reflects that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2013 05:33AM by doubtisavirtue.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 02:11AM

It also cannot be "true", unless we redefine true. True means that everything in it is correct, but it's filled with impossible events. It's not prophetic in any way, or else it would be true, by definition.

Date: January 25, 2013 02:23AM

twojedis,

I both agree and disagree with you. ;-)

First, something doesn't have to be entirely True to contain Truth.

Secondly, I agree that we have to make a paradigm shift to consider my theory. But, when given my premise that it is something of a 'playbook'of the Illuminati, starting with JS and moving onward, it can be exactly prophetic.

Date: January 25, 2013 02:42AM

Harry Potter is a much better read, and much more profound. It has some great truths as well. Ditto for Lord of the Rings, C.S. Lewis books, Mark Twain, and many more. What makes The Book of Mormon any better than them?

Date: January 25, 2013 02:48AM

Nothing.

Date: January 25, 2013 02:50AM

Exactly. We could, in the future all get magic wands and learn spells. I'd rather believe in that. Or becoming BFF's with a wise lion. That would be cool. It's better than trying to figure out how some dude Nephi in the future, will be able to cut off Laban's head and put on his clothes without having blood all over the place. I'll stick with Harry Potter.

Date: January 25, 2013 02:59AM

Actually, I have another theory there. I theorize that JS authored that part of the BoM himself. Chilling to consider if he was describing the 'Truth' of how he got a hold of "the plates"

Date: January 25, 2013 03:00AM

Chilling how? It's all fiction, or plagiarized. It's only chilling that I ever believed it to have anything to do with God.

Date: January 25, 2013 03:07AM

It's NOT A BOOK OF HISTORY. My theory is that it is a fascist, racist, insidious PLAN for the FUTURE.

'Mein Kampf' was a bunch of fiction, too, until Hitler turned it into history!

Date: January 25, 2013 03:20AM

I don't see any credence in your claim, and I read your whole post. The mental gymnastics to make your theory true are even greater than the mental gymnastics needed to believe the church is true.

Date: January 25, 2013 03:23AM

Ok. I certainly understand.

I posted it here to 'kick the tires,' because I knew they would be thoroughly 'kicked.'

Thanks for giving it some thought and providing feedback. I appreciate it very much.

Posted by: sithlord ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 02:13AM

Tara, Love it!!! +999999

I'm going to copy some of this into our exit letter if you don't mind.

Here is the standard TBM response that you will get...

My sweet Sister Tara, I love you more than you will ever know. It breaks my heart that you have never felt the spirit enough to know the church is true. If you really prayed about it and really had faith, you would come to know for yourself that this is truly the word of God. I know the church is true. I have no doubts. Deep down you know it is true as well. Blah blah blah blah blah!

Prepare yourself for the condescending and patronizing replies.

But well done!!! Kudos!

Date: January 25, 2013 02:28AM

sithlord,

Thanks for the support! This is NOT easy, I tell ya. Being different--radically different--is tough shit all around. ;-)

You are welcome to use any and all of it. I have done a ton of research into matters both political and religious and I've learned a wealth of fascinating information. If what I have written sponsors any additional queries, I'm happy to share anything relevant I have learned.

Yeah, I've weathered condescension and patronizing all the numbers of my days. I've grown a thick skin.

Posted by: sithlord ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 02:51AM

BTW, don't believe in the illuminati futurist perspective you have painted. I just enjoyed the first part of your post.

That's ok.

I don't imagine many people gave much credence to Stalin or Hitler until they used their 'props' to make history.

Posted by: sparkyguru ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 02:55AM

you need to be introduced to homeless :)

Posted by: Thomas ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 03:18AM

I'm loving the imagery here.

Smog over salt lake at present = Mists of darkness

River of filth = City Creek

Great & Spacious Building = Conference Centre

Ha!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 25, 2013 03:37AM

Plain & Simple truths of Christ's gospel lost from the Bible???

Oh, you mean like Love for God & neighbor?
*Good Samaritan
*Golden Rule

what could be more Plain & Simple?

Nothing from the BoM (+ a lot of the D&C) is followed/practiced in ChurchCo today! not as basics!

Date: January 25, 2013 04:27AM

I don't believe I made mention of the Bible.

And, no, LDS members do not live according to Christian scripture. The Book of Mormon, D&C, and POGP are not Christian scripture.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.