Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonski22 ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 10:01AM

I like to see how many sentences or words it takes me to recite what the GA will talk about, what mormon catchisms he'll use, and what parable he will recycle...such as giving up your tenth apple as an example of tithing, or something like that.

I find I can pretty much nail it withing a sentence or two...and im almost always correct.

I have to stiffle my laughter sometimes(Im in the fold), at the predictable, recycled approach of these 'inspired' leaders.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jilly ( )
Date: October 03, 2010 10:47AM

At the church I go to now (just as bad as Mormonism...evangelical crap -- look up Prosperity Gospel), and when I was Mormon and listening to a boring speaker, I used to wait for them to say a word with the letter "A," and then "B," and so on, all the way through the alphabet. It usually slows down until "J," I usually have to wait for them to say "Jesus," but the hard ones are "Q," "X," and Z." That way it looks like I'm paying attention, but I'm not.

Posted by: foxystoner ( )
Date: October 07, 2010 12:24AM

I liked to look around and picture everyone in their temple clothes...or doin' it while wearing their Gs.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.