Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: miss anybody ( )
Date: January 11, 2011 07:36PM

I've heard so much about marrying an RM, marrying a man who can take you to the Celestial Kingdom, etc. But what happens to girls who can't have children even if they are faithful LDS? Where do they fit in if at all?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 11, 2011 07:49PM

They are just probably constantly reminded how they can give birth to a ton of spirit children in the celestial kingdom.

Posted by: benben ( )
Date: January 11, 2011 07:58PM

If they are authors who write favorable biographies of prophets, they give you callings in the upper-echelons of the church. ;)

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: January 11, 2011 08:03PM

The same thing that happens to every other person/group who doesn't fit the perfect LDS "mold" - they're marginalized or ignored. Sometimes systematically shunned.

They just really don't know what to do with those that don't fit "the plan" - gays, singles, infertile, etc.

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: January 11, 2011 08:20PM

I've known quite a few TBM families over the years where all of the children were adopted. One family in particular that was quite large was my Nazi-TBM Seminary teacher's family. I didn't really know any of his kids though because his older active kids didn't live in the same city, & his younger kids (still way older than me) were completely inactive. He & his long suffering wife were always working overtime to prove to people that they were just as good as anyone else even though their kids were all adopted.

Posted by: SweetZ ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 09:28AM

Who had five or six little kids and she was always FRAZZLED.. I heard her say on more than one occasion while teaching RS lessons that the role of single or women without children was to help out those who had kids. Go over and watch somebody elses kids for an hour so a frazzled mom could get some sleep or have some time to herself.

The thing that got me the most was that this lady really was an extremely nice woman.. She truely didn't know what she was saying was offensive.

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 12:45PM

false pity. And when they can't stand that any more and think they're going to go insane, the bishop calls them to work in the Sunbeam class.

Posted by: hotwaterblue ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 02:08PM

This post gave me an odd vision of the Celestial Kingdom.
So you can't have kids down here but you go to the CK and can have lots and lots of spirit offspring.
How in hell does this happen?
Do you have a cubicle where Peter Priesthood visits and gives you a deposit, adjusts his robe and goes about his business?
Does he wander from cubicle to cubicle looking for Mrs. Right for his seed?
Thinking of the Mormon concept of eternity gets more ridiculous every year.

Posted by: Southern Man ( )
Date: January 12, 2011 02:15PM

The ward's brood mares who have piles of kids and live in poverty as a result will resent her and constantly remind her that their having kids outranks her having a career, even if she only works because she doesn't have kids, and not the opposite. The very definition of Hell is " an active LDS woman who has fertility problems".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.