Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kori ( )
Date: February 05, 2013 01:31PM

2nd counselor in the bishopric called my cell yesterday...
Me: Hello, how can I help you?
Dufus: Oh, ah, um, This is brother dufus, in the bishopric. I thought I was dialing your home number.
Me: We dont have a home number, just cell phones, how can I help you?
D:Well, uh, I kinda wanted to talk to your wife...
Me: You want to talk to my wife? what about?
D: OH well, Alex, your son, he has a court of honor his weekend...
Me: ok...and?
D: Well, I can call your wife, I also have Alex's number...so I can call him...
Me: Dufus, what is this about?
D:Well we wanted to invite you and your wife to it.
Me: Ok thanks, we will be there.
D: well...um...ok. I will call ALex and let him know.
Me: I can tell him myself, I will talk to my wife tonight and we will plan it
D: Ok. I hope that I did not interrupt you
Me: Not at all, thanks
D: ok , bye

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jesuswantsme4asucker ( )
Date: February 05, 2013 02:09PM

I think I would be inclined to cut the guy some slack on this one. It is possible he wasn't sure if you would feel he was "bothering" you with church related stuff. I would prefer someone to act as though my time is valuable rather than just assume what ever they want from me entitles them to my time.

Date: February 05, 2013 02:15PM

this is not church related, this is scouting. They ALWAYS want to talk to my wife, campouts, christmas activities, neghborhood activities, snow removal...I think it is becuase they are intimidated a bit, at least that is the way they come across. I taught Sunday school for 15 years ,was in the bishopric etc. I think that they feel like at anytime I am going to testimony rape them. Its uncomfortable talking to them, becuase they make it that way. Like they dont know which personality to use: the work one or the church one.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: February 05, 2013 02:17PM

I think many of us could be jealous of the power you hold over your wife's church.

Posted by: Sirius Lee ( )
Date: February 05, 2013 02:41PM

*snort* 'Testimony rape'. That's funny. That's why they are so afraid of apostates. We are just a bunch of knowledge-crazed reprobates, hiding in the bushes, ready to jump out and voraciously hump their fragile, virginal testimonies!

Date: February 05, 2013 03:07PM

Siri,

Don't they make you feel that way? you described it perfectly. I never bring up religion but they act like I am half undressed and ready to take their most precious treasure and soil it with facts. I think one of the reasons I don't like people like brother Dufus is that they are so effeminate in their dealings with other men, its like they have cried and shared feelings, seen companions in mesh garments, hugged, shared a tent... too many times with another man that they cant interact without coming across all Brokeback mountain about it...not that there is anything wrong with that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2013 03:08PM by kori.

Posted by: Albinolamanite ( )
Date: February 05, 2013 04:35PM

Kori, you are my hero.

Beating men into submission by putting them in situations where they are certain to become attracted to eachother is a cornerstone of the gospel. Not allowing women any real authority and teaching that they are the quickest path to the devil, scouting, male-only activities, camping trips in tents, homo-erotic missions, GA worship, sexual guilt and suppression, etc. It works like a charm. I was always amazed at how much mormon men "admired" eachother when I always found myself admiring Bro. So and So's hot wife. And no, there's nothing wrong with a couple guys going brokeback mountain but as a young boy I would have much preferred bro. So and So's hot wife to be in the tent.

Posted by: Sirius Lee ( )
Date: February 05, 2013 11:53PM

I can almost see them nervously checking my hands for the ball gag before I go all Pulp Fiction on their precious belief system!

Posted by: regularguy ( )
Date: February 05, 2013 02:50PM

He was calling about YOUR son's Court of Honor? I think you should be nice.

Posted by: grubbygert nli ( )
Date: February 05, 2013 04:13PM

I think the point is that the caller clearly didn't want to talk to him about his son

which in any other context is weird as shit

can you imagine the kids soccer coach or a school teacher acting the same way?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.