Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: marco torres ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 01:36PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 06, 2013 01:42PM

Good lawd, if you have this channel this trial is disturbing. These two faithful saints had anal sex right after her baptism.

Posted by: Albinolamanite ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 05:17PM

Anal right after her baptism? Geez Louise, I hope she makes herself available on one of those write-a-letter-to-a-convict websites!

Also, I don't think letting go of the rod was a problem for her.

Date: February 06, 2013 05:55PM

LOL, good point. To much rod for Sister Arias.

Posted by: karriew ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 06:32PM

Well, when I belonged to TSCC, there were a lot of girls my age that eventually confessed to doing anal to keep the bf happy. Just use plenty of lube.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 06:48PM

Playing the back 9 is OK, as long as you get the course owner's permission first.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 02:15PM

I wonder what his parents think about all of this? I think I read somewhere that they weren't super TBM, more like jackmo's. But even so, I wonder if they are totally in denial about his level of sexual activity? I'm guessing they just brush it under the rug and put the blame completely on her? She may have embellished some of their encounters, but he def wasn't a goody peter priesthood either.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 03:08PM

but I usually catch up on it in the evening. I think sister arias has held her own pretty well on the stand.

I have heard that Travis's parents are both dead, but he does have several siblings in the courtroom. It must be horrendous for them to listen to all this.

Travis sent the missionaries to her house thinking she would be the perfect convert. So the mormon missionaries kind of stalked her a bit didn't they?

Posted by: Uncle Dale ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 03:12PM

Villager Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but I usually catch up on it in the evening. I
> think sister arias has held her own pretty well on
> the stand.
>

Is her name still on the membership rolls?

Date: February 06, 2013 03:22PM

I haven't heard anything about her membership. If they ex her they would have to ex Travis too wouldn't they?

That would be more trauma for the family. My guess is LDS Inc will wait until after the trial and then decide what to do.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 06:45PM

Huh?

You can get excommunicated for committing murder but I seriously doubt anyone has ever been ex'd for being murdered.

They don't ex dead people at all.

Date: February 06, 2013 07:16PM

But in the land of make-believe crossing through the veil-- they can make up their own rules.

Date: February 06, 2013 03:23PM

if so, does she get cookies from the HT/VT's in jail?

Posted by: Uncle Dale ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 06:20PM

Tupperwhere Wrote:
> if so, does she get cookies from the HT/VT's in
> jail?

Home teachers visit members who are prisoners?

Actually, I'm quite sure that Joseph Smith would
approve of that policy. His 1844 political tract
was extremely sympathetic to jailed offenders,
whether they were members or not.

Anyway, I hope she has the Standard Works with her
in her cell. That might help convince the jury
how honest and sincere the lady(?) is...

UD

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 04:46PM

My guess is that Arias will be excommunicated if she's convicted, if she hasn't been already. As for Travis, I don't think anything will happen as he's dead since I've never heard of anyone being excommunicated once they're dead.

Date: February 06, 2013 04:51PM

they will just dunk-dead his name 300 times over to make things "right"

Posted by: Rowell back ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 11:21PM

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 04:50PM

Perhaps it will be considered blood atonement.

Posted by: emma forgot login ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 05:16PM

Does anyone else find it weird that Travis's throat was slit from ear to ear? That was one of the temple penalties pre 1990, right? It just seems strange that Travis, who claimed to be a TBM, lived with a bunch of Mormon roommates, and committed the sin second only to murder (according to MOrmons), would have his throat slit in such a Mormon related manner.

Posted by: Mitsy ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 05:32PM

I had not thought of that but without blaming the victim here, I believe Travis was kind of a perv. Sounds like he thought he could pull off the good Mormon boy facade while still trying to be a ladies man. He should have found another religion - perhaps one that didn't delve so much into a person's sex life. Then again, I think Jodi should have walked away once she realized he was a user. He didn't deserve to die - only deserved to be left alone. His karma would have caught up with him anyway. She didn't have to inflict her own on him - regardless of how crappy he treated her. I believe he emotionally & possibly sexually abused her but I think she could have ended it without murdering the guy. Just my 2 cents.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 06:03PM

emma forgot login Wrote:
> Does anyone else find it weird that Travis's
> throat was slit from ear to ear? That was one of
> the temple penalties pre 1990, right? It just
> seems strange that Travis, who claimed to be a
> TBM, lived with a bunch of Mormon roommates, and
> committed the sin second only to murder (according
> to MOrmons), would have his throat slit in such a
> Mormon related manner.

Really? emma... do you know of ***any*** knife-wielding killer who slits their victim's throat up and down and not ear to ear?

Posted by: emma forgot login ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 06:50PM

Really? emma... do you know of ***any*** knife-wielding killer who slits their victim's throat up and down and not ear to ear?

@matt - as a matter of fact............. I think you missed my point. Bless your heart.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 06:54PM

It's the usual way to slit somebody's throat. Nothing to do with temple penalties as they got rid of that part years ago.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 07:07PM

emma forgot login Wrote:
> Really? emma... do you know of ***any***
> knife-wielding killer who slits their victim's
> throat up and down and not ear to ear?
>
> @matt - as a matter of fact............. I think
> you missed my point. Bless your heart.

I saw your point. But did not agree with it.

I doubt very much it had anything to do with the older style temple ceremonies.

Posted by: villager ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 07:05PM

Maybe it is possible that the older temple penalty is significant in the way she killed him.

Sis Arias most likely read everything she could find online about mormonism; including mormon temple ceremonies.

The wounds that were the most deadly were the knife wound in the abdomen that struck the Vena cava, the ear to ear neck wound and the gunshot wound to the head, according to an expert on TV.

I don't think that the defense would bring up that possible scenario unless sis Arias herself does.

Interesting to see a female psychiatrist on Dr Drew slap down a friend of Alexander's who called sister arias just a booty call.

Posted by: brownie ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 06:40PM

Posted by: Bal ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 08:07PM

I have followed this story from the beginning and Sister Arias is considered by most experts a pathological lier, basically Scott Peterson without a dick. She has been on the stand for three days spinning yarns that would make Joseph Smith proud. She is remembering details from four years ago, stuff that is not even relevant, that can only come from thin air, the Press loves it.

The only person who can refute what she is spouting on the stand has 2 bullet holes in his head 27 slash and stab wounds and a throat cut from ear to ear so deep that the only thing keeping his head on was his spinal cord

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2013 08:08PM by Bal.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 08:40PM

I'm sorry, but that definitely sounds like a suicide to me.

Posted by: Brett4 ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 09:41PM

Cludgie! LOLOLOL!!!

He probably saw suicide as the only way to get away from her.

I have never in my life heard of a trial that got into this much detail about someone's sex life. It's going to be must-reading/watching for teenage boys everywhere. Lady Chatterly's Lovers for the 21st century.

Posted by: Bal ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 08:19PM

BTW

She killed him in self defense because she drop his new camera and he attacked her soooo

She told him wait , hang on ( ran into the other the other room they were in the bathroom naked) to get the 25 caliber gun she stole form her parents one week before and a knife so she can defend her self from this viscous attack because she drop his new camera

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 08:39PM

But where has that rod been? I don't want to think about it.

Posted by: Camara ( )
Date: February 06, 2013 09:30PM

He and his siblings had a horrible childhood. Sad that he barely had a chance to start life before he was murdered.

Posted by: Rod Munch ( )
Date: February 07, 2013 12:24PM

The best use for a rod is to hold on tight and munch them as much as possible.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.