Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: February 07, 2013 10:19PM

I posted recently about how my integrity toasted the asshole director...

The dickhead was kicked out of our office (he was director over 2), and was demoted to just being over the other office.

Today, he actually got my new director to yell at me and threaten me. This guy is about as smooth as they come, but his colors show over time.

Short version: I was seeing patients and my car broke down. I actually took a video of it (turned on headlights and gas-gauge and spedometer quit working. Turn on air-conditioner and accelerator stops working. Put on turn signal and radio cuts out). I sent video to wife and supervisor. Car dies. Nurse jump starts me at patient's house and I make it almost home. I text supervisor and office manager.

I get car home with about 60 minutes of work and phone calls. I am now stuck at my house. I call the remaining patients I was going to see and nobody has any pressing issues. This is around 2pm.

At 3:15 I get a call from the office manager saying she just received a fax from asshole's office. It is a new admission they are giving to us. With any new admission, I am given 5 days (policy via company and medicare) to see patient for initial assessment. If things are really bad, I am given 24 hours. Anything worse than that for a social worker needs to be addressed in ER or by police depending on situation. The point is, this is policy.

The fax states that "Social worker needs to see patient between 4 and 5 pm" via asshole.

He told the family I would be there. He didn't ask if I could. I could have been 2 hours away seeing another patient for all he knows. Patient is 30 minutes away from me.

My wife is a teacher and had parent-teacher night from 5:30-8 tonight. We have 3 kids. Nobody to watch them this short notice.

I called the director now (even if I had earlier, we would still be S.O.L.). She yells at me for not informing her my car broke, and that I need to make it happen no matter what. I admit I should have informed her, but that we would still be facing the same issue even if I had called her.

She threatens me, and says she will deal with me when I'm back from vacation (which starts saturday).

I text her that I will make it happen. We drop the 3 kids off (including a 1 y/o) with an uncle who is coaching baseball at a field and she borrows his car.

I meet with the patient and family who have ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for me immediately.

My director is all peaches and cream with me now on the phone. I fucked my family over to make it happen. For no reason other that asshole making me jump through hoops.

I'm so fucking pissed. I'm at wits end.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2013 10:41PM by Lost Mystic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lost Mystic ( )
Date: February 07, 2013 10:20PM

I just realized I posted under my old name because I posted from my computer, which I haven't done in forever, and it had me automatically signed in. Oops.

Posted by: SoCal Apostate ( )
Date: February 08, 2013 01:56PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.