Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: February 10, 2013 04:18AM

This is probably one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen in my life!

http://en.fairmormon.org/Criticism_of_Mormonism/Websites/MormonThink#endnote_spongebob2

First of all, I have realized that spongebob is in the link...I don't understand why. I would like to recommend reading the sentence right below the 3rd paragraph in the overview to see the worst excuse known to Mormons.

Now for the best part...ANY link that is supposed to "link" to mormonthink will lead you to this page

http://en.fairmormon.org/No_links_to_critical_websites

Click around :) it's fun.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 10, 2013 04:05PM

I am becoming quite interested in reading the apologetic answers on FAIR. I have yet to read anything that proves a legitimate point. If anyone has suggestions let me know :)

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: February 11, 2013 12:59PM

That's because there aren't any.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: February 11, 2013 01:38PM

Http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com

WARNING: Use the "buddy system" on this one; check in with someone you trust before prowling around. People have reported actual time distortions and days lost, and their loved ones have reported flashbacks where they are seen to dissolve into fits of laughter.

Posted by: Loins of Fire ( )
Date: February 11, 2013 05:17PM

Just go read the "cancer CURE FOUND" thread in the general section of the LDSFF. One guy claims his father is a Dr. and he "cures cancer all the time."

Scary that these folks walk amongst us.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: February 12, 2013 01:41AM

Well, doctors DO cure cancer all the time. There ARE cures for cancer. Its just that these cures are things like chemotherapy, surgery, radiation therapy, etc. They're all very nasty, and they don't always work, but they do CURE CANCER more often than not!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2013 01:41AM by nickname.

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: February 12, 2013 02:14PM

Curing an instance of cancer (with any of the collection of imperfect methods we have) is not the same as finding a cure for cancer. Just sayin'.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: February 12, 2013 02:19PM

Posted by: SpongeBob SquareGarments ( )
Date: February 11, 2013 12:47PM

nickson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is probably one of the most pathetic things I
> have ever seen in my life!
>
> http://en.fairmormon.org/Criticism_of_Mormonism/We
> bsites/MormonThink#endnote_spongebob2
>
> First of all, I have realized that spongebob is in
> the link...

Beats me?

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: February 11, 2013 12:57PM

I fantasize about a full-blown faith-destroying session. In real life, I did put the bishop in his place over polygamy. He kept saying I was wrong about Joseph having other wives and being illegal and such. I proved him wrong and he ate crow.
—MormonThink's first managing editor, posting as "SpongeBob SquareGarments" on Recovery from Mormonism, Feb. 21, 2012

My dream and hope and aspiration: Members of the 1stP and the Q12 are walked out of the [Church Office Building] or their homes in handcuffs for tax evasion, racketeering, money-laundering,...Add the gender discrimination and fraud suits that many will pile onto the criminal charges, and I think 2013-14 just might be a banner moment. Maybe I'm dreaming. But some of us are working on it.
—MormonThink's second managing editor, posting as "Jesus Smith" on Recovery from Mormonism, December 26, 2012.

I prophesy, in the honorable name of Jesus Smith, that 2013 will be the beginning of the 'Mormon Apocalypse'. The gig is up.
—MormonThink's third and current managing editor, posting as "anointed one" on Recovery from Mormonism, January 3, 2013.

They sure spend a hell of a lot of time on this site.

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: February 11, 2013 05:31PM

jacob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> They sure spend a hell of a lot of time on this
> site.

The reason two of the three MT editors have had disc councils called on them is because the strengthening church membership committee (aka, FAIR and sidekicks) do spend a lot of time going detective on people. Once my true name was revealed, it took them a couple of weeks connecting me to my RfM name. But they did it by finding posts at Postmo in which I posted photos I'd taken, and in the photo was a watermark to my website and that connected to my real name. This connection was first revealed on FAIR (it was later taken down when I started laughing about how many hours they spent skulking and searching for clues).

In other words, FAIR has cataloged names with identifying information for years on Jesus Smith. Then when my real name surfaced last fall, they connected my name with other information that was then connected with my RfM/Postmo ID. This is an organized effort over a couple of years.

And this is how the Lard's Anointed are serving his cause.

Also, it is very revealing that they do not list Tom Phillip's name along with his moniker "anointed one", yet they do list my real name. They've known Tom's real identity for almost a year. They've known mine only since last Sept.

They seriously fear Tom Phillips, that members will learn about him and find out he is still a member. Why hasn't the church excomm'd Tom?

Come on FAIR:
Excom Tom
Excom Tom
Excom Tom

We dare you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2013 05:55PM by Jesus Smith.

Date: February 12, 2013 02:05PM

How long has Mormonthink been up?

Date: February 12, 2013 01:05AM

Oh...I understand why sponge bob is in there haha :)

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: February 11, 2013 01:02PM

Probably spend less time than you'd think.

They likely have scripts that use google search to pull new posts by particular posters and keywords. Saves a lot of time.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: February 11, 2013 01:04PM

How would they know what to refute if they didn't know what the evil ones were talking about. I think they troll this site as often as I do.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: February 11, 2013 01:15PM

Fair - it seems to be down as often as it is up. God sure is doing a bad job of keeping the website that defends his church live.

My favorite "hall of shame" fair article. (If you don't have a good argument, just don't admit to polyandry in the first place):

http://www.mormonprobe.com/kaitch-a-tale-of-two-marriage-systems.pdf

Personally I didn't look on the web until I while after I decided I didn't believe the church anymore. I looked kind of as one last check just to make sure I wasn't missing some evidence that the church was true.

It was shocking how ridiculous FAIR was and how effective sites like MormonThink were that just told the truth.

FAIR basically did 3 things on every article:

1) Character assassination. Start the article with an ad hominen attack attempting to discredit whoever was on the other side of the subject.

2) Take the easiest, lowest hanging fruit of any issue/subject and spin an answer.

3) Declare victory, but dismissing the rest of the issue with a wave of the hand.

I suppose for someone who knows an issue exists and is looking for some kind of thread to grasp onto to be OK with something and not research it any further, FAIR could be effective.

Otherwise they just sound silly.

Posted by: sparkyguru ( )
Date: February 11, 2013 06:00PM

I noticed this too, even pointed it out to other TBM's, but they do want to believe, so badly that they will grasp onto any straw no matter how flimsy.

I have come to the conclusion that it just isn't in me to do that.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 11, 2013 05:49PM

Since truth and reality exist outside of Mormonism, the main job for FAIR writers is to muddy the waters. Read some of their essays and see how they obfuscate and dissemble.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.