Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 11:14AM

Eric has been the driving force behind RfM for over a decade. Without him, many exmos would still be suffering mormons, depressed, trapped, and miserable with nowhere to turn for comfort.

I just read read that Eric is working twice as hard as any human should and his boss is the worst ever. Thankfully, I'm retired but I do remember what it was like some of the time, slaving in unworkable situations and answering to bosses who made Scrooge look angelic.

Who can offer Eric support and appreciation? I read that his wife is worried about him and if she's worried, so am I.

Eric, hang in there, buddy. Breathe deeply and take it an hour at a time for now. I can only hope that things improve for you and soon.

Why do I appreciate RfM? First and above everything else is knowing I'm not alone. Because of RfM no exmo needs to feel they are the only one who went through the struggles of the morg. Thankfully, we're all in this together.

Why do you aprreciate Eric and RfM?

What about Susan?

I appreciate her skill, wisdom, and dedication. Without her there would be no RfM and if she didn't stay on top of the situation day in and day out, this place would be overrun with nasty TBM interlopers and trouble makers. It would be uglier than last week's creamed tuna warmed over.

I believe that Eric and Susan have saved marriages, the lives of children, and the mental health of 1000s. We owe them and today is a day to tell them so.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 11:17AM

inthenameofCheeseandCrackers,AMEN.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 11:19AM

Woot! ;o)

Posted by: vulcanrider ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 11:51AM

Absolutely! Thanks for giving me a place to learn how to get out of the cult, a place to vent and a place to just be silly once in awhile.

Hip Hip Hooray!

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 11:55AM

100 thumbs up!

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 11:56AM

Yay for Eric and Susan!

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 11:58AM

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. The forum has been very, very helpful for me personally. Thanks to the other unsung admins as well.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 11:59AM

A hearty Whoo, followed by a loud non-'WoW' Hoo!!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:00PM

Indeed!.....until I discovered exmormon.org I was unaware of the possibility of resigning from the church. It has also opened my eyes to the grief experienced by so many here just trying to live their lives while dealing with parents and others who put this idiotic church in front of everything else. Well done, and thank you!

Ron Burr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2013 03:10PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:02PM

Thank you for maintaining this site. Knowing that I was not alone made all the difference for me when I was tearing myself from the lds church.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:16PM

Yo, word to yo mutha!

Seriously, I appreciate all those that help make and keep this forum going, and also everyone that posts here too. Whether or not I agree with a particular point of view, they all give me something to chew on. The thing I appreciate the most is that RfM is a place where I can come and be reminded that we aren't the ones that are delusional nuts that have lost our minds and gone off the rails. I appreciate the admins and mods and all the effort they put in to keeping this place running smoothly for us!

So, a BIG thank you to all!

Now, I'd like to bare and beat my testimonkey to everyone... I know this forum is true with every fiber of my dookey. Joseph Smith was a pedophile, and Tommy Boy is true profit at the head of this money grubbing corporation masquerading as the one and only true and living church owned by sweet baby haysuess. I know the gold plates were really a prop made by a money-digger to perpetrate the world's greatest con. Praise the Lard and pass the biscuits, in the name of sausage and gravy, Amen! Proceed.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:20PM

Yay for Eric & Susan I/S! I can't imagine how hard it would be to run a board like this. It has been a huge resource for me and getting my head on straight after leaving the church. You have made a big difference in my life and the lives of those around me!

I can't thank you enough!

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:25PM

They work SO hard for no pay, just to help people.
That's special!

And Susan is a friend to us doglets and other furthingies.

So thank you both!

Posted by: Helen ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:25PM

Posted by: daydream ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:26PM

THANK YOU Eric & Susan and everyone who runs this board!!! Finding RfM has been priceless to me, I cannot thank you enough.

Posted by: minnieme ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:27PM

Eric and Susan thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I don't post a lot but reading this and using many of the suggestions has been so helpful.

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:27PM

Chiming in with my thanks...the full extent of the good that this forum has done will probably never be known.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:33PM

Thank you!!

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:36PM

(music notes)
C'est un M, un E, un R
C'est un C avec un I
Rassemblez toutes ces lettres
Vous y trouverez MERCI, (echo: MERCI, MERCI, MERCI!)
(music notes of a Thank you French song)

Thank you Eric and Susan for providing a place where I feel/know that I'm not alone.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:37PM

Amen!

Posted by: mysid ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:52PM

As a never-Mo, let me just say how much I appreciate how your efforts, and the group wisdom and experience found here, have undoubtedly helped keep many "investigators" and potential investigators out of the clutches of the cult.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 12:54PM

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 01:24PM

You guys are great, and RFM is great. Great work!

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 01:45PM

Thank you!!!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 01:48PM

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 01:48PM

YAYYYYY and thanks. You have helped and comforted so many, and I believe saved some lives.

Posted by: slimchance ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 01:52PM

Thank you very much.

Come on everybody. This thread needs to be the longest one on the board!!!

Posted by: rain ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 01:58PM

HUZZAH!!!

I don't post much, but I will certainly post here. I love this site and your work is very much appreciated.

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 01:58PM

I am comfortably ignorant of what Susan and Eric do exactly. But, I so very much appreciate this board, and if they have anything (probably everything) to do with keeping it up and going, well then, I am ideed grateful for their good work.

Thank you both very much.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 01:59PM

I don't want to think about where our marriage would be without RfM.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:01PM

Your hard work and dedication has made the transition out of mormonism so much easier for my family.

I had no idea there were so many ex-mormons out there. The church has done a good job of keeping that a secret.

You have outed them in a big way. This site has saved families and lives. It has helped so many to move into a normal life and leave behind the insidious brainwashing of mormonism.

Thank-you for all you do. There really aren't words enough to express my gratitude.

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:02PM

And Eric, if at all possible, please try to give yourself a break.

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:12PM

+1000

I just read that post and it broke my heart.

Posted by: Wandering ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:03PM

Thank you both so so much for this board and for helping me and so many others though some of the hardest days of our lives. I am so grateful that this board is here. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:05PM

I can't thank you enough for giving me the opportunity to meet all these wonderful people.

For giving us a place to vent, laugh and overall discuss.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Posted by: karin ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:07PM

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

This board has helped me a) get out and B) not feel so alone with my feelings, even after getting out. It's helped me validate my feelings and my journey.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:09PM

+1000 to what everyone else has said!!!

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:14PM

Thank you both for your hard work. If it wasn't for this board, I would of certainly went through the process of becoming part of this horrible cult. But I also want to thank all of you guys that do post on here because you all have incrediable stories and I thank God that you all were able to leave the church and move on to bigger and better things.

Posted by: Celeste ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:17PM

Thanks to both of you for this place to freely exchange ideas. I felt alone in my deprogramming before I found RfM.

Posted by: spicyspirit ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:18PM

Thank you. And thank you for keeping this board simple, and not overrun with extra features. Other boards make my brain hurt. The simplicity keeps us focused and I'm sure helps you out administratively. RfM is my fall asleep ritual, and I have learned a great deal here. We are a community not everyone can relate to, and that is very special. Thank you for cultivating us.

Posted by: mindlight ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:19PM

I thank all that accepted me ... I was so befuddled and hurt when I found this site ... it has been a life saver for me

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:20PM

Thank you.

And yes, thank you for keeping the board simple.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:23PM

I appreciate them as well.

Posted by: Northern_Lights ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:27PM

Late to the party here, but yea much appreciation. I also want to add that I love the look and feel of RFM. Thank you for not making avatars, and animated gifs part of my RFM experience.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:38PM

Thanks to both of you. Your time and efforts are appreciated.

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:48PM

Posted by: Lorraine aka síóg ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 02:56PM

Thank you from this corner of the universe too. And let's not forget to thank their unnamed and unrecognised helpers, wherever they are.

Posted by: librarykim2 ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 03:25PM

Thanks y'all! I love this board and it's a daily ritual to log on and see what people are talking about.

Librarykim2

Posted by: Tahoe Girl ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 03:29PM

Yes! Many thanks! My life has changed for the better because of you :)

TG

Posted by: laurel ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 03:39PM

Thank you ssoooooo much. You have served others in a very powerful long lasting way.

Posted by: ReinventingGrage(notloggedin) ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 03:39PM

Thanks for 10+ years of entertainment, therapy, knowledge, community building, & etc.

RG

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 03:44PM

This is his vision. When he put the site up it was just to put up the story of his family in the hope that it would help one other person. To let them know they were not alone as his family felt so alone when they left. He is the one that has kept us going through failed foundations and nasty politics. You may not see him too much but his is the hand behind policy and decisions. He is a very very kind person.

If you have not seen it this is his exit story - this is what ExMormon.Org was started with
http://www.exmormon.org/whyileft.htm

And let's not forget Concrete Zipper! CZ has been with us since 2000 and does a lot of things behind the scenes. He is very very very smart and understands all the program things that I don't have a clue on.

All I do is clean up the floor around here but thanks very much everyone :)

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 06:12PM

Susan I/S Wrote: He [Eric] is a very very kind person.

I can attest to this, in all I've seen during my yrs here. Also, I had the great opportunity to meet Eric when he was in my area a few yrs back. I really enjoyed meeting and talking to him. Tal Bachman (a great storyteller and fun person) was also there so it was a great time for me.

Sus I/S: "He [CZ] is very very very smart and understands all the program things..."

I can also attest to this, having been around when CZ was more visible (so to speak) doing Admin and tech things behind the scenes. He is quieter these days. But maybe really really smart people are very quiet with it?

Sus: "All I [Sus I/S] do is clean up the floor around here..."

Well, you know what they say. Every member a janitor - oh wait. I think it's true, though, that s/he who helps in myriad ways also serves. Or something like that. :)

Floors do need cleaning. Some floors more than others.

I also extend my thanks. I have greatly enjoyed reading and posting here throughout this century.

I have learned one or two things along the way too. Which is more than you can say for many places, including lots of churches, and especially that one of the hour - the Mormon Church!

Here's to another decade and more. But what are we going to do with Eric, who works too hard? We want him to still be around. Like forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2013 06:16PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 06:48PM

Upon exiting in 2000, When I was in a mess, you referred me to your friend SusieQ#1 for emotional support. I owe a debt of gratitude to both of you.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 03:46PM

Yah for eric and susan

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 04:39PM

Thanks for the sanity check. I have been lurking and posting on and off here for over 10 years (used to use my real name, but decided it was not a good idea after google cranked up). It has been great to find a group of fellow thinkers online.

So, cheers from downunder!

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 04:42PM

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 04:55PM

Thank you both (should be ALL - including CZ). I'm sure you know, you've been a sort of "life saver" to many of us, if not all of us.

PapaKen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2013 04:57PM by PapaKen.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 05:14PM

Yes, Susan has helped me out of more than one pinch. I'm going to have to make it to one of those October conventions because I owe her a drink. This above and beyond the exceptional work both Eric and Susan do here. Great thread.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 08:12PM

Susan I/S isn't involved in the exmo conventions. (That's Sue Emmett.) Susan has made a big difference in my life as well, and I would love to meet her someday. I've met Eric Kettunen, and he and his wife are super nice people.

Posted by: rgrraymond ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 05:22PM

Thank you so much for making this site available for us. It has done wonders for me.

Posted by: simplee ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 05:23PM

DITTO! what everyone else said and more!!

Posted by: GC ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 05:27PM

Ditto to all the thanks that have been offered. Thanks Eric and Susan.

Posted by: NeverMo in CA ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 05:29PM

Thanks Susan and Eric. Even as a Nevermo, I have learned so many interesting things from this board and "met" great people. I appreciate all of your hard work.

Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 05:36PM

Thank you Eric and Susan. You both helped me escape the cult by providing a forum for truth and support. You will always have my gratitude.

Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 05:37PM

From my first forbidden peak here over 10 years ago. And now I'm finally free. Thanks!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2013 09:02PM by luvcake.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 05:43PM

Yay Eric and Susan!

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 06:34PM

I was thinking about you guys the other week and noted that through the times I've been off the board (years, as a matter of fact), you stayed. You've improved the board since the dawn of time yet retained its distinctive and awesome retro feel. I have the utmost of respect for you both and am grateful you took "this thing" on to help me and so many others as we progressed to a new life outside the church.

With gratitude,
toto

Posted by: bobkolob ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 06:34PM

Thank you Eric and Susan. I will forever be grateful for this board that has given me the strength and knowledge to live openly as a nonbeliever among the TBM's in my life.

Posted by: procrusteanchurch ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 06:37PM

Thanks Eric and Susan - this site has been a huge help to me.

Posted by: Liz ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 06:51PM

Most of us here would have 'gone around the bend' several times over except for the support from those on this site. You provided the safe place for us to come and share.

Thank you for helping us all not to feel so alone.
Thank you for helping us to share facts, history, feelings, experiences.
Thank you for helping us through dark days and nights.
Thank you for giving us hope.

Posted by: Just browsing ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 06:56PM

Sorry I am late but I only just switched on my computer --Best wishes to both of them..

JB

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 06:56PM

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 07:02PM

Thank-you (Eric), Thank-you (Susan), Thank-you (CZ)!!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 07:12PM

Thank you to the best hosts ever. I appreciate your hard work. :-)

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 07:12PM

HEAR, HEAR! Thanks for all Eric and Susan (and others) do to keep RfM up and running!

: )

Posted by: schlock ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 07:39PM

(Maybe if I donate enough, Susan and Eric will issue me an RFM TR. That would be cool.)

I've been visiting since way back when, and it's been a wonderful place to visit, to commiserate, to heal, to hurt, to empathize, to sympathize, to carp, to gripe, to gossip, to banter, and to alleviate boredom.

Thanks always.

Cyber-hugs!

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 07:43PM

I never let a day go by without checking RFM. Thanks so much to Eric and Susan for keeping this wonderful community going!

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 07:44PM

Cool.

Thank you for everything. :o)

Posted by: ragingphoenix ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 07:46PM

Thanks for everything!

I owe much of my growth to this board, so if Eric and Susan I/S didn't keep it going, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Thank you Eric and Susan I/S!!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 07:58PM

Posted by: dissonanceresolved ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 08:04PM

Oh, but how much time I spend here, lurking. *sigh*

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 08:20PM

LAEASIS Day, it is!

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 08:25PM

Thanks to Eric, Susan I/S, CZ, and the other unsung heroes who keep the RfM lights on for us, even when we piddle on Susan's floor.

Posted by: nolongerin ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 09:01PM

Actually, yes I do. Still sitting in church week after week, still hating it, still hating the woman I was forced to become, still wanting something better for my kids, still marginalized, yet not knowing that any other life could exist.

Thank you for giving me hope and a new life.

Posted by: kj ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 09:10PM

I can't imagine my life without this board.

I keep learning.

From this board I've met many exmos in real life too.

Thank You so much. My life is so much better.

KJ/AnonyMs

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 09:18PM

Thanks so much for putting me in touch with so many wonderful and wise people.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 09:20PM

Adding my thanks!!

Posted by: nofear ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 09:26PM

Thanks Eric and Susan. This site opened up the world to me that TSCC had tried to close.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 09:44PM

Much appreciation!

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 09:46PM

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 09:47PM

Posted by: mondaymorning ( )
Date: February 25, 2013 09:47PM

+1

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.