Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 11:39AM

We can bet that Mo leaders are watching the paradigm change(s) in peoples thoughts/context about religion is changing.

Just Now, the focus is on the retirement/resignation of the pope in Rome/Vatican. These aren't good times for the R.C. church, I'm betting that the GAs are concerned about patterns if not the day-to-day of R.Catholic events.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 11:42AM

I would like to see a GA not willing to keep up the lies and resigning.

Posted by: Uncle Dale ( )
Date: February 27, 2013 12:27AM

Observer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like to see a GA not willing to keep up
> the lies and resigning.

If one ever does, he'll take his entire extended family
with him and go immediately into the leadership of
Scientology. Either that, or the federal witness protection
program. The days of Richard R. Lymans in the Holy 15
are long gone, I fear.

UD

Posted by: leexmo ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 12:45PM

Hahaha, this just reminds me. On the recent date I had with a Mormon guy, he said that he felt the Pope resigned because the Pope "was Mormon and didn't even know it" and was guided by his conscience to stop leading an untrue church. Seriously. I didn't know how to respond. I think I was just in "good mormon" mode and nodded & smiled. Bleh.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 05:06PM

Guided by his conscience?

Aaahhhhahahahahahahaha!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 06:06PM

How can you be guided by your conscience when you don't have one?

Obviously they didn't know the whole story.

Posted by: cantbsabser ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 06:12PM

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 06:07PM

You read my mind guynoir...

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 09:36PM

I have no clue about why they would want to watch what former LDS folks have to say.

The leaders are typically generational Mormons with an unwavering powerful spiritual witness by faith. Their beliefs by faith are a ingrained in their lives to such a point that they wouldn't even consider anything different. Why would they? It's their heritage, their generational traditions.

They are like most strong believers of any religion: it's absolute truth, in their view. The only correct way to live their lives. The religion doesn't matter: Judaism, Hindu, Christianity, Roman Catholicism, and on and on. The beliefs by faith are accepted with even more validity than those of science, for instance. The belief in these God Myths will always be more powerful than much of science. It's always been that way. People throughout the ages have been killed for using science over religion.
Religion is a kind of truth that is not to be challenged. To do so will bring on the wrath of their God.

This is never about lies, or misinformation. It's all justifiable faith based beliefs throughout the history of human beings. It's a kind of truth that is superior to all others.

My view, is that it's important to understand the power of that religious truth and how it sustains people throughout generations of traditions.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 09:42PM

That may have been the case in the past.

Now, I don't think for a minute that any of that is true.

The leaders are kept informed (at the very least) of what the ex-mo's are saying and doing. Why? Because of the internet. It has become a threat to contend with. The majority of Americans are on the internet. The church history is out of the bag. Members are leaving in the droves. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Get those kids off the internet and into the mission field ASAP! Then comes marriage, and thousands of kids pushing a baby carriage. No time to think.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 09:46PM

Mia: you may have a point! :-)

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: February 26, 2013 09:52PM

I don't think guynoir meant TSCC was looking at this board specifically. I think he meant they were taking note of the general public's shift in religious acceptance. The Catholic Chruch, and Pope's problems may very well have the G.A.'s taking note. I think they are also concerned that public support of gay marriage is rising very quickly, even among Mitt Romney's campaign backers. Lots of flip flops on the gay issue among many conservatives.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 27, 2013 12:16AM

affirm.

Posted by: nealster ( )
Date: February 27, 2013 12:24AM

It strikes me that tscc has probably a list of everyone whose ever posted on here and it gets monitored from time to time.

I am only assuming, of course, but if I'm right then I'd just like to say 'Boo sucks you' to the leadership

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.