Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: edmarc ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 06:45PM

There are many good things about the LDS faith I was raised in, but lately I've encountered some church leaders who are hypocrits. The church has made some changes over the years that have me very concerned. If "Families can be together forever" then why are there so many divorces and families breaking up everywhere I look? In my ward alone, I have seen 15 couples divorce over the past 5 years. My family has also been fragmented because one sibling decided to practice homosexuality and my other siblings shun him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 06:48PM

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 06:50PM

2 hours, internet connection, a few website recommendations from posters here and you shall be enlightened . .

and oh yeah, "by their fruits"

EOM

Date: January 14, 2011 07:13PM

I've been reading for quite a while and have learned that I'm not alone in my concerns.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 08:45PM

I don't think you meant anything harmful by it, and if it was meant to be a joke. Kudos. It's a good line. But....if it wasn't a joke, the phrasing might not be what you meant.

Posted by: chainsofmind ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 08:20PM

I'm really not sure there is anything good about the church, or at least, nothing that cannot be learned elsewhere. Really, weigh the good vs the bad, or the cost vs the benefit. Is there any benefit to staying mormon? Maybe to keep the peace, but that's about all.

Also, the church has evolved from day one, and will continue to evolve. The church you were raised in was significantly different then the church of only a few decades (or less) earlier.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2011 08:25PM by chainsofmind.

Date: January 14, 2011 09:37PM

Back when I was in my youth,the church had road shows, bazaars, hayrides, and super big activies. Now the chapels are cookie cutter boiler plate boring models that are built with minimal cost and it seems very canned or robotic. That's probably why it is called the morgbot today.

Posted by: amos ( )
Date: January 14, 2011 09:38PM

Meaning...LDS people behave as any people would, the whole spectrum.

But even if the Mormon people really WERE the nicest, sweetest, most honest, free of strife, etc., etc., the church STILL has no priesthood, can't deliver on its promises, has fake scriptures, and is a self-sake corporation.

It's not about the people. They're not proof either way. It's about the church being based on false claims, an 1800's invention and innovation of the 4,000 year old Abrahamic misogynist tradition, passed off as the very truth of God, and it is melting like the the "hoary frost" in the morning.

No need to wonder. Human destiny is to break free of this shit, not fulfill it.

Date: January 14, 2011 09:42PM

All my problems about the church seemed to be solved when I accepted the fact that it is an organization created my man, not God. Then you realize all the dogmas are bogus.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.