Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: March 05, 2013 11:28PM

I need to vent before I blow a gasket. Really he had been picked on for the last 2 years for not being LDS, he had been accused of things that he did not do, and it was proven that he did not do it ,but another kid lied about it, he had on going night mares because of being told he was evil because he drank coffee or his mom wore a shirt with a tiny cross on it . It was this past year that he started to fight back, but its all his fault. I am pretty much done at this point. We are homeschooling him and he will not be going back to public school until we move. Thanks for the vent, now I need to go back being my rainbows and unicorns love everyone for who they are self.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 12:06AM

When I was in 3rd or 4th grade I was one of a small group that horribly tormented a Catholic boy. Eventually he transferred to a different school.This was in Mormon Central- Orem, Utah. I have regretted it ever since.

Posted by: anon for irl ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 12:16AM

I took my daughter out of school for health reasons, and Utah State pays for it. Otherwise it would be very pricey.

If you are in Utah, check out Alpine Online, or Washington School (a St. George district). I don't think it matters where you live in the state to be eligible. There is also a Connections Academy opening up for older kids.

It's a good time to sign up for next fall.

I've been very happy with the courses, the organization of tasks is fantastic, and it beats the hell out of trying to design your own curriculum and get you kid to do it.

Posted by: Boomer ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 12:17AM

So sorry about your bad experience. Your son is probably better off home schooled because the American curriculum has been diluted to nothing.

Re the bullying--see a lawyer.

Date: March 06, 2013 12:18AM

Thanks,this whole ordeal has made us at times think we are crazy. I really do not blame the kids and cant really blame the adults fully. My brother got caught up in a cult when he was in collage, we were lucky in that his dorm mate let my parents know before he was fully into it. Just with what little he was exposed to damaged his outlook for a bit.

Date: March 06, 2013 12:25AM

We are doing K 12 through UTVA, I wanted to do Alpine Online at first, because of the fact you could do partial days at school. However after the first couple of weeks, My son opened up and the bullying was worse then what I posted(those were things that he mentioned to me or that I called the school on) I just feel bad because he held so much in, to keep friends, if you could call them friends.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 12:28AM

i didn't know that mormons could hate mormons until my family moved from southern california to mesa arizona (80% mormon at the time) in 1976 when i was in 7th grade. horrible, mean, nasty, awful people, and all tbm's. thank buddha we moved back to civilization in less than a year. california mormons saw themselves as superior to any of the morridor morgbots. they seemed obsessed with the letter of the law.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 12:30AM

I think that removing your kids from public school because of bullying is one of the kindest acts I've ever heard of. I wish someone had cared about me when I was bullied and slapped around at school.

Thank you for caring, eldorado.

Date: March 06, 2013 12:55AM

Thank you, I am sorry you were bullied, no one deserves that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2013 12:56AM by eldorado.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.