Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SureSignOfTheNail ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 10:58AM

This guy has been my own personal textbook example for one whose hypnotic cadence and sickly slow soothing singsong speech truly earns him Kolobian status.

Look at around 4:25 in this attached link. He looks like he could almost pass for ol' Joe and his seer stone. All he needs is a good hat! The frame at 4:25 really needs to be uploaded to Salamander Society...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnAYI8ZedaU&list=PLD804FEED6FC144AE&index=19

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Facsimile 3 ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 11:05AM

Ha ha...love it!

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 11:22AM

OMFG! I bet his ferret was squirming for days after that.

Pool little fella.

Posted by: rqt ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 11:35AM

Super creepy.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 11:49AM

ROTFLMFAO at him holding that pebble. But my word his speech cadence is sheer torture to listen to!

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 11:54AM

Look at the little pic in the icon up in the right hand corner for the suggested videos....it has the frame of him with the rock in front of his eye. So funny.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 12:22PM

Wow, better than a lullaby. His other eye spinning in the socket while he had the pebble in front of the other was amusing.

Posted by: peregrine ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 12:32PM

These aren't the droids we're looking for. Move along.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 12:33PM

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 12:47PM

ICBIJWTGASIDKWTLOC:

I can't believe I just witnessed this Gawd Awful speech. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Prolly better to laugh.

ROFLMAO

Posted by: sparkyguru ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 12:49PM

He does talk like warren Jeff's!! Some body ough to do a YouTube comparison of them both, that would be a great way to show the hypnotic cadence, TBM are always ready to believe that other lost souls do this cap to their followers, they would watch warren Jeff's speaking and go yeah, I see how hypnotic he talks, and e gets his followers to do crazy things, then, flip to RGS for the realization moment.

Title the link as only warren Jeff's stuff so they aren't afraid to click on it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2013 12:50PM by sparkyguru.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 12:55PM

That's right, if we ignore the problems in our lives and in our church, they really aren't that big. I do this all the time. Right now I am ignoring some guy who is carrying out my television set from my house.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 12:58PM

I like your attitude! Now what was your address again?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 06, 2013 01:03PM

It is so liberating to know that this a$$hole and his like have no power over me. I've never put any stock in anything I've ever heard from a GA....and I never really feared reprisals from the church since I went inactive in '71....but now...being a non-mo is so cool and at the same time disturbing just knowing that millions of gullible fools hang on every word they say...

Ron Burr

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2013 07:37PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: katuwiran ( )
Date: March 07, 2013 06:30AM

If you listen with headphones and turn up the volume... you may actually hear some snoring from afar.

Posted by: SureSignOfTheNail ( )
Date: March 07, 2013 09:12PM

Brilliant, katuwiran!!!!

I hear it too, at 3:30!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

This guy didn't get any better with time; just look at some of his more recent work. This was the conference before his Kolobian prayers were answered and he was called to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostates.

Posted by: Tonto Schwartz ( )
Date: March 07, 2013 09:37PM

Where do they find these guys? He's just another in a long line of sanctimonious phonies. With all his faults, Joseph would probably have kicked most of the GAs out if he had to sit through their syrupy sermons

Posted by: brownie ( )
Date: March 08, 2013 03:35AM

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: March 08, 2013 09:17AM

he's saying "I buried Paul".

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: March 08, 2013 02:13PM

And, like many of the other Big 15, this guy has actually recycled (and might cut-and-paste) parts of his past speeches to come up with the talks he (as recently as last year) gave in stake conferences, an approach that will continued to be adopted, I presume.

A TBM friend told me that RGS does it because it's because God wants to reiterate some of the "truths" that were touched upon before....

"Even to the point of using exactly the same words and phrases...or even complete paragraphs????" I asked.

There was about five seconds of silence...then she proceeded to bearing her boring, silly, not-inspiring-at-all testimony to me...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.