Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ice ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 04:18AM

I would guess they wouldnt be able to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Just Me ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 05:39AM

I am a single mother (adoption) and could not be sealed to my sons. I could go through for my endowments, but the sealing part (which was the most important part to me then) forget it-it would all be worked out later. I am curious, has anyone doing genealogy been able to seal children to a parent when the spouse was unknown?

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 05:47AM

for example: John Doe & Mrs. John Doe.

For some time I did not want to be sealed to my dad, because he was abusive, and I was told in rare cases people could skip a generation, and be sealed to grandparents.

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 07:18PM

Single mothers can't be sealed to children, even if they didn't give birth to them? You obviously didn't do anything wrong! You adopted the kids! And I'm sure you're an excellent mother, this Morg becomes more and more ridiculous every day.

Posted by: With blood and horror ( )
Date: January 15, 2011 07:33PM

Single mothers must marry someone (a righteous 'male' someone) who can take them through the temple and so be sealed for T&AE, ultimately attaining celestial glory... provided payments and obedience are given in required amounts.

Without a priesthood holder, unfortunately, you're crap-out-of-luck. But looking through twisted morg "logic," you will one day be a ministering angel for the celestial-crowd, you're children will one day be sealed to their birth-parents - through the 'miracle' of temple work. In mormon heaven you will never see them again unless they make it to the celestial kingdom at which time you may be called on to minister to them in your 'ministering angel' role (i.e. servant).

Yes, it's as messed up as it sounds.

Posted by: chipsnsalsa ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 09:01AM

When DH and I went to be sealed he asked if he could also be sealed to his mom. His dad is a nevermo but his mom is a lifetime endowed member.

They told him no way. And that was our first step out.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 08:35PM

Because it ticks me off.

Just another example of how the church uses extortion to get what it wants, as opposed to being Christlike or compassionate.

Not that I believe any of it to be valid, but to actually teach that a woman needs to find a token man to be a husband if she wants to be with her child(ren) in the hereafter....

"Worked out later." What a stupid way to run things.

Posted by: transplant in texas ( )
Date: January 16, 2011 10:30PM

my DH parents are divorced and his father remarried a woman he cannot stand. he asked about being sealed to his parents and was told, well, you can be sealed to your father and his wife now.

yeah, that upset him pretty badly...i think it was another thing that brought the wall tumbling down

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.