Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: the outlander ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 07:59AM

Did anyone see this last night? Was this all sanctioned by the Church? I was watching it this morning and was surprised to hear some guy talking about Polygamy and hear him admit out loud on TV that JS had 30+ wives. It's what made me think it WAS NOT "Church Approved". First time I've ever heard that admitted out loud like that & it just surprised me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Journey ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 08:54AM

They dipped a few times into controversial topics, but I think it was mostly slanted in favor of the church. They had Chad Hardy there talking about his excommunication over the missionary calendar, but stayed away from how BYU held his degree. The mall wasn't mentioned, and they tried to make TSCC seem very humanitarian. "They've spent more than a billion dollars since 1985 on helping the needy". That money, spread over 28 years isn't really that impressive, methinks.

Posted by: the outlander ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 09:28AM

I definitely agree it was slanted for the church, was just surprised by a couple of things they brought up like the JS polygamy thing, which is why I was wondering if they "approved" it. Would show the church is trying to change their narrative albeit small.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.