Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nlocnil ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 12:11PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 12:15PM

And as far as dark skinned people being unenticing, I'd like to mention Halle Berry, Denzel Washington and Sophia Veraga (sp?) and ... geez just anyone. Pretty much all the hot Hollywood actors IMO have darker skin than I do and I find them plenty enticing. In fact, I don't think there is anyone white and delightsome on my "List".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2013 12:12AM by CA girl.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 12:43PM

If white skin is "delightsome' and dark skin is so "loathsome" then how come so many white folks- INCLUDING TBMs- get suntans and spray tans and bottled tans and tanning bed tans?

My father asked that question 50 years ago and never did get an answer.

Posted by: nlocnil ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 12:52PM

It's a direct quote from the Book of Mormon. How authentic is that!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2013 12:52PM by nlocnil.

Posted by: Odell Campbell ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 12:47PM

I doubt this is genuine. If it were authentic it would be a start of awareness of the racism found in the Book of Mormon and LDS theology.

Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 12:51PM

Hopefully it was a joke. And this Elder doesn't really believe and did it to raise eye brows. In that case it's hilarious! Then again who goes to the congo as a joke-I retract my previous sentiment.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 12:54PM

Down below, the page is labeled as "humor." Plus, I doubt any bishop would authorize the use of that scripture on a plaque that would probably be hung in the lobby of the ward building. Also, I think it would be difficult to get a plaque maker in Utah to create it.

But, it IS funny! : )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2013 12:55PM by Fetal Deity.

Posted by: jazzskeeter ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 12:58PM

This has GOT to be a fake. "Elder Williams"? No first name?

Posted by: peregrine ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 01:04PM

This is an obvious photoshop creation. Why are the decorative buttons on around the guys picture out of focus but the picture sharp as can be?
The plaque is obviously tilted backward a little, makeing the top appear a little smaller due to perspective, but the photo isn't.

This is funny, but it isn't real.

Posted by: almostthere ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 02:36PM

Yep, I concur- photoshop. Pretty darn good at first glance, though! The funniest thing was that it seemed believable...

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 01:25PM

Not THE Congo, but the Republic of Congo (the "better" Congo). Last I knew, the white kids who went there only did time in Yaound and Douala, Cameroon. They were considering sending white kids to Point Noir, Rep. of Congo, because even some European tourists deign to go there. All the other missionaries were from equally poor black nations and could live in filth and misery, for all the mission president cared.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: March 11, 2013 02:22PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.