Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 12, 2013 11:11PM

I mentioned on a previous thread that there is a stake youth activity this summer, serendipitously the same week my son leaves with his Spanish class to visit South America and my daughter and I had planned to go up north to visit grandpa and grandma. These plans were in place long before we heard about this activity, proving someone up there is watching over me. We have now been visited by Bishop Buttercream himself, the Mia Maid president, two kids who were obviously from some stake committee, the 2nd counselor in the YW presidency, and the Stake YM President. We only rank the top guy himself because he was once my son's Scout leader. Anyway, we've mentioned that we will be out of town that week to each of these self-appointed "saviors" so maybe they don't gossip amongst themselves as much as I think they do. The Stake guy was fun though because he mentioned he'd wanted to send his kids on that South America trip (it's been an annual thing at this high school for years) but he's never been able to afford it. I smirked and refrained from mentioning the monthly installment on this trip was paid for, 100 percent, by former tithing donations. Sucks to be valiant, dude.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2013 11:11PM by CA girl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:01AM

"Sucks to be valiant, dude."

That's great!! Haha. MAkes you wonder what he was thinking after he said that out loud!!!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 08:25AM

These mormons might justify one of them issuing an invitation. Any more than that makes them look foolish while wasting your time.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 10:41AM

I know - right? You'd think one of them would mention to the "committee" that we said we'd be out of town. Do they think this is making us feel loved or something? Because when people don't respect your boundaries and are sending in wave after wave of "soldiers" to assault those boundaries, it isn't love.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 10:46AM

I bet it's a Pioneer Trek. They beat the bushes up here to get people involved. Sithlord and I were supposed to be cooks on ours, but he came out a couple of weeks before. Oops!

Some people can't seem to get a clue. Love bombing at its worst!

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:52PM

I'm so glad I don't have kids living at home. The church goes after them endlessly. They use it as an excuse to get through the door and into your life.

Once my kids turned 18, all of the pressure and invites came to a halt.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.