Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: flyindoc ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 02:32AM

Has anyone in the UK encountered The Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ and been introduced to the Book of Jeraneck?

http://www.latterdaychurch.co.uk/jeraneck.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JTHBOEvKFk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc9vdynFm0o

He doesn't much deviate from the Joseph Smith template of bringing forth new scripture.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 03:21AM

Wow.. a sure hell of a load of thought has gone into that one!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 11:24AM

Is it just me, or does that guy look a bit like Joseph Smith (albeit a bit more well-fed)?

Posted by: anubis ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 03:22PM

The pink tie and pink shirt has shown me that verily he is not a prophet of God but was a fence sitter due to his color blindness.

Posted by: Anubis ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 03:25PM

Sorry the regal picture of Gill is at the bottom of his blog left frame.

http://thelatterdaychurchofchrist.blogspot.com/

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 05:32PM

http://www.latterdaychurch.co.uk/membership.html

"Affiliate Members agree to support the Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ financially by regular tithing, according to one's conscience........and........ We ask Affiliate Members for a stipend of £9.95 (UK) per month or £120.00 (UK) per year to cover expenses and fund outreach for the Church."

Ok, that's the 'give us your money' box checked then.

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 06:30PM

"The head of the Church is Matthew P. Gill of Hilton, Derbyshire, United Kingdom. His full title is "Prophet, Seer and Revelator of the Latter Day Church of Jesus Christ." On second reference, "Prophet Matthew Gill."

Anyone in the UK know this nutjob?

Posted by: Stevo ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 05:09PM

I know a member. All mental!

Posted by: almostthere ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 06:33PM

Does this guy have any followers? I'm trying to get together written testimonies of people from other faiths, especially FLDS and groups like this and Nemelka's. Does anyone know of any posted testimonies about this stuff?

Posted by: Tyler ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 07:09PM

I have a document of his testimony of an encounter with Moroni and jaraneck. I can send you an email

Posted by: almostthere ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 08:37PM

is there a way to private message you my email?

Posted by: Tyler ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 09:34PM

It was actually a guy named Raphael not jaraneck. I actually found a link though.

www.wrpf.org/matthew_testimony.doc

Posted by: Stevo ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 05:08PM

My friends dad joined his church. My friends dad and the founder are mentally unsta
ble lol

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 05:52PM

I wrote the Book of Soreneck after trying to read the Book of Mormon and nodding off regularly...is it like that?

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 01:05AM

good one!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 06:25PM

And of course a TBM would never admit that JS could be just as huckster-riffic as any of the guys that glommed on to *his* scam.

Posted by: pickleweed ( )
Date: January 16, 2017 10:05PM

oh noooooo! The links don't work. Did the youtube videos and website get taken down??

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 12:58AM

So now, out in jolly ol' England lives Gill the Seer, a modern-day spinner of scripture who carries on the plagiaristical tradition of Rigdon and Cowdery:

"When we are finished reading the things in the book, Jeraneck calls upon us to put them to the test in these words:

127. And if you ask with a full heart being sincere in all your thoughts and you ask with real purpose he will indeed answer your prayer and reveal unto you the truth of this record. (BOJ 18: 125-127)"

Literary pilferage seems ever to thrive.

As Barnum reminds us, the people love to be humbugged... and every minute a sucker is born.

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 12:56PM

All the links but one provided above have been taken down. I wonder if it is because the origional one and only true scam headquartered in SLC found some copyright violations to threaten with.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 06:06PM

Or because the original post is 4 years old.

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 06:41PM

got me :)

Posted by: T ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 07:38PM

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: January 17, 2017 09:12PM

This is mind-boggling. From their website:

Many people ask who are you? What are you about? Are you a Mormon? Do you believe in the book of Mormon? Do you believe Joseph smith was a prophet? The answer to all those questions is an astounding YES! We are Mormons, we do believe in the book of Mormon and we believe that Joseph smith was a prophet of god. In fact we believe that he was the first prophet of the church we hold him as our founder and the propagator of the church of Christ.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.