Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 11:47AM

I am surprised that there are as many "exmos are angry haters" posts going on recently. I can't fiture out why anyone who came here to recover would pay these people any mind. They are baiting you. They are not sincere. They are trying to make themselves feel important my going onto a site and calling into question the existence of the site.

Let's not feed the trolls. Their posts take up valuable space that newcomers need to ask sincere questions and express a sincere desire for help.

If we ignore a troll's post, they will eventually go away.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Good Witch ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 11:52AM

Some of them, I think really are sincere, but because the Morg didn't damage/hurt them as it did us, they really just don't understand. However, I have been thinking that perhaps BYU is on break lately.

Date: March 13, 2013 11:58AM

But the issue is that whenever these start taking over, they push sincere questions out of the way.

I guess I am just a believer that the simplest explanation is probably the right one. Which leads me to think that a person who is on a recovery board to criticize recovering people is probably just looking for attention.

Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 11:53AM

I agree. It's annoying when there seems to be a first time poster saying these things! IF they took the time to look through the sight for even a few days they would see a very good mix of people in "recovery". Although I think the replies were handled very well!

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 11:58AM

They don't bother me personally.

1) I had a hard time getting used to the culture of the board. Once I did I found it invaluable.

2) It means someone might learn something. Even if the original poster doesn't, someone else might.

When it turns the corner of being pure baiting or combative then that's a problem, but I leave it to admin to sort out. They do a fine job and respond quickly to the report button.

Other than that I see no reason not to give people the benefit of the doubt just in case something said is helpful to them or someone else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 12:04PM by The Oncoming Storm - bc.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 11:59AM

Honestly, I found it very therapeutic to explain WHY I was angry to someone and WHY I had every right to be angry about it. I've said it before, the good thing about working in journalism on and off since I was a teenager is that you develop a very thick skin. Either people are right and you learn from them or they are wrong and you stick to your guns. I know I'm right to be mad at the way many of the Mormons I know personally treated me and being able to shout that out loud, refine my description of why it made me mad and feel entitled to be mad actually made me feel a lot better.

I know we should play with trolls but in this case they didn't offend me - they strengthened me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 11:59AM by CA girl.

Date: March 13, 2013 12:01PM

I definitely recognize the hypocrisy of posting to protest wasteful posts.

Everyone has the right to ignore them if they want, I guess I am just saying that I think more of us could ignore them, and it would be a benefit to people who aren't trolls.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2013 12:01PM by rogertheshrubber.

Posted by: Paint ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 12:02PM

"I know we shouldn't play with trolls but in this case they didn't offend me - they strengthened me."

That was great!! TUrn it around and use one of the lame statements made by insecure, ignorant TBM! :) Love you posts!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 13, 2013 01:04PM

the Chief Failure of LDS is in the day-to-day stuff, the application of 'the gospel'; How it is justified to harm people, without caring.

Once you've come face-to-face with that, it helps you understand why the historical stuff was the basis for Why they are the way they are today IRL.

NOTHING matters except RL, Nothing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.