Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 05:29PM

I only ask because someone is pitching it to me and I want to know if it will be there for me in a pinch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 05:54PM by thingsithink.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 06:05PM

Very unlikely.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 07:54PM

See if they have a premeditated crime exclusion first.

I suspect the state is picking up the tab for Ms Jodi

Posted by: thingsithink ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 11:50PM

I wonder if a premeditated crime exclusion would apply to a pre-existing premeditation or if it would also bar something you started dwelling on after getting the policy?

I wonder if Jodi could keep working Prepaid Legal behind bars? With such a compelling personal story of how it helped her, she could build a huge downline.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 11:51PM by thingsithink.

Posted by: albertasaurus ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 12:26AM

The only thing prepaid legal is paying for is the founder's ferrari.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 02:04AM

Don't buy it. I'm a lawyer and I would never sign up. They recruit desperate lawyers, pay them a small fee to be available for the client for only a small percentage of whatever legal matter may come up in the future. But the lawyer is entitled to charge regular fees beyond the few first hours covered by the prepaid policy. So it's not really like insurance and it doesn't really cover significant fees. You still end up paying your lawyer most of what you would have to pay for representation anyway. I view it as a scam that makes money for the sales people.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 02:29AM

I figured as much. It is the perfect business for self-righteous Mormons that want to make a lot of money and not really having to get an education. It is so Mormon. I don't know who owns it, but when I heard of it, I was reminded of so many scam businesses in Utard. Alexander seemed to be one of those assholes: selling nothing and wanting to look like a big shot. So Utard.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 03:57PM

I also think it's just another MLM scheme that attracts Mormons like Travis Alexander, as they can make money without having to actually work hard or get an education first.

Posted by: Iuseit ( )
Date: May 10, 2013 10:38PM

adoylelb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also think it's just another MLM scheme that
> attracts Mormons like Travis Alexander, as they
> can make money without having to actually work
> hard or get an education first.

No it's really not. And if you looked at some of the firms they have they are highly rated. Thing is there are always people trying to make money the easy way- no work. They sign up for these companies and think the money will just roll in. Doesn't work that way, not for any MLM not Mary Kay, Tupp, crystal house, etc. But the services and products those MLMs provide are real. I love my foundation, my non breaking containers, my crystal wine glasses and my law firm.

Posted by: Odell Campbell ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 04:22PM

+1 from another attorney

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 02:11AM

it would make her look more credible if she was using a service like that since that's how it all started. But ya, I doubt her lawyer was prepaid.

Posted by: markrichards ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 03:14AM

I actually looked up some stuff before answering. The taxpayers get to pick up the tab to the tune of $500,000 for her lead attorney. Her lawyer also gets a second chair, as is usually the case with a major felony trial, that lawyer gets $300,000. THe Arias gets to hire an 'investigator' at $150 an hour.

I have a friend who is a lawyer (environmental law). In his firm, a lawyer was picked to represent some sleaze ball in a murder trial. This was not a capitol murder case, where one who is found guilty is going to get the death penalty. My friend told me the firm was always trying to squeeze $$$$ from the judge to mount a 'vigorous' defense. Joe Six pack the taxpayer got to ante up $750,000 for that POS. So just imagine what Arias's attorney are plucking from the 'Golden Goose?"

To answer your question about 'are those pre-paid legal plans any good?" That depends. If you want to sue someone, no. If you are filing bankruptcy, you will get a lawyer at a discount; say $1,500 versus $2,500. They may write a letter to a creditor, but if you are sued you end up paying $100 an hour versus say $500 an hour. $500 an hour is a very low estimate for a good litigator. A firm in Sacto, Diepenbrock and Wolf has lead attorney's that get $2,000 an hour. They also have a claim to fame, as they have argued before the U.S. Supreme Court and won.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 12:45PM

(laughing)
Good question.
If PPL doesn't pay for her defense she should sue them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.