Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 06:39PM

My family and I left the church about 6 years. All 17 (kids & grandkids) of us left at one time. I am/was a 5th generation mormon. My entire family (both sides) have been mormons for over 100 years. The interesting thing is, we stopped going and they (mormons) have left us alone. Now that there is a program to reactive, in the past 30 days, a VT has shown up, a HT has shown up and the missionaries have shown up at my door. I am expecting the bishop to show up next. All these people that suddenly want to be my "assigned" friend is really amazing.

I can truly testify that I have never been happier in my life than during these past 6 years of being away from the CULT. I cannot imagine going back to the misery of attending LDS meetings.

I do feel bad about the language I used to express my distaste towards the CULT to my new "assigned" friends. Not really, I hope they used my exact words when they returned and reported on their visit to my door.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 18, 2013 06:49PM

That is really impressive that so many of your family members left at one time. What a relief that must have been to you!

Have you formally resigned? Complete directions for how to do so are here:

http://www.exmormon.org/remove.htm

Resigning should cut way back on the pestering, if not eliminate it entirely. Parents can include their minor children in the resignation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 06:51PM by summer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.