Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: oz..poof ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 05:38AM

Long live the King of pedophiles.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 06:25AM

to take care of the poor and needy?

Briggy

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 08:13AM

Oh, in California and Hawaii, the two churches worked closely to ban same-sex marriage.

They did.

Date: March 19, 2013 08:14AM

The "tru" prophet of the Lord sends warm wishes to the head of a church that teaches false doctrines that lead children of God away from His great plan of happiness?

Hmmmmmmm......[scratching my head.]

Posted by: JamesM ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 04:42PM

When the U.S. settles foreign refugees here in Utah, Catholic Community Services helps the refugees find housing and get medical care, etc...and the LDS Church gets them job training at Deseret Industries (often these refugees have zero practical language or work skills marketable in the U.S.). Many refugees graduate from the D.I. program with some skills and move on to better jobs.

Of all the Church's activities, I think D.I. is one of the most helpful to the community.

In SLC at least, the Catholics and Mormons work together to help the refugee population.

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 08:59AM

Typical window dressing PR.

Really the height of irony: congrats on your new job! We know you won't mind while we try our damnedest to downsize your company, eliminate your position, continue to invade your home continent, and lead your flock astray from all that you stand for...

Date: March 19, 2013 09:11AM

EXACTLY!!!

Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 09:28AM

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 05:44PM

+1 and when I was a youngster, the RCC was reviled for corrupting the gospel, making it necessary for JS to "restore" it.

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 09:04AM

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 09:14AM

They forgot to add:

"From the one twooo cult to the one legitimate cult, best wishes and happy fleecing!"

Posted by: NeverBeenaMormon ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 09:25AM

Two words - Rome 'temple'

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 09:26AM

Posted by: Thomas $. Monson ( )
Date: March 20, 2013 10:39AM

I suspect it might have to do with the Rome temple too. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't remember a Mormon leader ever calling the pope "His Holiness". Heck, the head of the "great and aboninable church".

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 09:36AM

His writing the Pope means that the church is true. It'll be in Church News and Deseret News. "President Monson Writes Pope Congratulatory Card." The church is TRUE! Whoooo!! Whoooo!!

Posted by: itsallclear ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 09:57AM

Glad I'm not the only one that finds it hilarious and strange that Monson is congratulating the new pope. But boy, the TBMs are eating it up like hot cakes.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 10:15AM

Pope Francis, "Who?"

Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 10:16AM

Posted by: frogdogs ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 10:17AM

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 10:32AM

And the President would say "I'm sorry, who are you again?"

A little more perspective: the Catholic Church grows a Mormon Church every 1.3 year or so. 1 out every 5 persons or so on planet Earth is Catholic. 1 out of 1000 is Mormon.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 12:31PM

And the Pope reads it and says "WTF is this Monson guy?"

Ron Burr

Posted by: davidlkent ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 04:51PM

As the OP's tag suggests, look for the money.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 05:23PM

Brothers in power.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 05:32PM

The Mormons like to pretend that they are one of the big boys while only able to claim 1 percent of membership of the Catholic Church. It gives them mainstream appeal. Mainstream was something that was reviled and ridiculed by the Mo cult when I was young.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 05:50PM

It's just a formality - it has zero meaning. Like Monson might congratulate the current Prince of Wales when he becomes king. They aren't buddies, the churches don't particularly like each other, they are just glad handing it like two countries that are frenemies.

Posted by: flyindoc ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 06:15PM

Pope Francis the black Jesuit pope Argentinean war criminal and $$$ monson the mall criminal?

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 06:21PM

I have more respect for the pope than I do for any of those dickheads in Utah.

At least this pope is trying to do the right thing (except for a few issues that I don't agree with).

I haven't seen anything out of utah except a multi-national private corporation.

Posted by: Gazelam ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 06:42PM

Kind of like when a TBM or Christian tells an ex-mo atheist 'I'll pray for you' The tone is also a bit condescending. Another dick swinging fest. I'm bigger than you.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 06:49PM

hugs and kisses,

Tammy Monsoon

Posted by: popeyes ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 06:51PM

I remember they were called the whore of the earth.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: March 19, 2013 08:00PM

May I point out that Pope Benedict did not issue warmest wishes to Tommy when he ascended to the Mormon throne.

Since Mormonism has been stealing Catholic strategies*, it is only right they should pay homage.

ANa

* "He was speaking as a man"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.