Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: silhouette ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 01:03AM

Sent it via email... Will post on the results (was sent to Mr. Dodge and the Exec sec)

The wife picked the fight and I finally let the full can of worms loose. After hours of being told how I didn't do this and this right, and that is why I think the way I do, I got down to the real meat of the issue. That is right, divorce. I explained to her what true love is, and how I can stand the storm alone even though I would be unhappy. Hours later, I get my apology but told we have thing to discuss if we will "make this work". Should be fun tomorrow. I will bring her flowers to help..but they will be flowers from a exmo...

She then suggested I "let someone know that I will not be fulfilling my callings"..I wonder if the resignation letter is what she meant. O_O

Note: I might sound a little harsh, but I rather be alone than married and treated like a horrible husband because of my beliefs.

I'm sleepy. Night night!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 01:13AM

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 01:19AM

It really pisses me off that what you and I and thousands of others whose spouse "can't deal" with the other resigning.

What we are experiencing is the "true fruits" of mormonism.

It becomes the mafia for pete's sake! "You can't leave" they say. But we aren't going anywhere. We're not starting a whorehouse, nor crakhouse, nor any kind of immoral activity.

It's lonely, and I hope you don't have young kids involved.

Good luck with the wife. Better to be more loved than the church by a spouse than to be second fiddle to a delusion.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 08:04AM

Uh oh. It looks like parents being told to force their children back to church has also rubbed off on spouses. No one with Mormon family will be safe today.

Once again, the LDS Church has driven a wedge between family members. I anticipate a lot of heated arguments over the next few days.

Good luck to you. I hope everything works out for the best, whatever the best may turn out to be.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 09:48AM

I understand anger gets best of us but threats like
"let someone know that I will not be fulfilling my callings". Is really dumb. If she wants to go through her threat you have no choice but let her go.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 10:04AM

quinlansolo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I understand anger gets best of us but threats
> like
> "let someone know that I will not be fulfilling my
> callings". Is really dumb. If she wants to go
> through her threat you have no choice but let her
> go.

I think he meant that she thought he should do this. Mind you, a resignation should do that, as he thought it would! ;o))

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 10:08AM

Now that was the way to show you have rights too. I wish you well however it goes. Soemtimes it does take an incident like that to put thngs in perspective. Anxious to hear about the email reply- is that what they do? Send the response via email? Flowers are always nice.

Posted by: Brandy ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 01:43PM

My very wise Great Aunt used to say, "It is better to be alone than wish you were"

Best of luck!

Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 02:15PM

Much better.

When I broke up with DH I felt as though a crushing weight had come off my spirits. Alone, a little scared, but Free.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 05:57PM

with someone in a bad marriage.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 05:24PM

Oh what a wise aunt you have. I have found that the best thing I can do when I feel lonely is to remember all the times that I wished with all my soul that I could get divorced and make it on my own. The thought of living by myself sounded like heaven. When I remember back to that, it still is.

Posted by: Wolfman ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 02:18PM

I recently confronted my wife too. I went through everything you just described. In the end, the discussions during the following days included me laying out all of the evidence against the church I had uncovered (the most compelling being things I found in Fairs apologetic writings regarding Joseph Smith's wives who were already married to other men). After weathering a storm of extended family and our bishop telling us that history is not important and that God is disappointed (translated--my Mom, Dad, and bishop were disappointed) my wife finally left the Truman Show and started thinking for herself. Now we are on the same page, and finally happy.

On a side note, It is so weird to listen to my parents tell me the same rhetoric they shoved down my throat for 30 years, but now they sound crazy instead of wise and infallible. I love my parents, and they know the arguments against the church. The mental gymnastics they execute to maintain the illusion of truth is astounding and sad. It's killing them that I have seen through the 'veil'.

I am not saying that you will stay with your wife and be happy. I just want to help you know there are probably a lot of people courageously trying to get through the same stuff. I also would rather have been true to myself than live a lie and stay married. The church has torn apart a lot of families.

Posted by: YPZ (Yearning for Post-Zion) ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 02:51PM

Date: October 04, 2010 03:00PM

Posted by: Worthless Words ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 05:53PM

Be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it. I used to feel the same way you did about being out vs being married. Now I'm in the throes of divorce and would do almost anything to get my wife back (except go back to the church).

Love your wife with all your heart if you want it to work out. And if you don't want it to work out, don't string her along.

Date: October 04, 2010 07:58PM

Worthless Words,

I do love my wife with all my heart, but I refuse to be with someone who disrespects me, accuses me of wrong doing, and loves the church more than me. So of course I want it to work, but I wont settle for a half hearted marriage no mater HOW MUCH I love her.

Posted by: Nealster ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 09:37PM

Tell her you want to work things out, YOUR WAY.

Its either you or the church. If she chooses you, then fine. If not, I would lay all the cards on the table about how false the church is, fro Jo Smith to Mark Hoffman, and everything inbetween.

Tell her the foundations of the church are built upon a tissue of lies and it only exists to make money and use people.

Just my humble opinion.

Good luck

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.