Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stubborn Apostate ( )
Date: March 22, 2013 05:22PM

Is there a San Antonio or South Texas group of exmo's that meet? I have lurked on the board for over eight years (well I did post a bit in the beginning), but I don't recall ever seeing a group down here. I know there's some of you in Austin and Houston and I'd be interested in a San Antonio meet-up. In five years I haven't come across anyone claiming to be a former mormon, but I swear my neighborhood is crawling with morgbots. I attract them everywhere I go! I almost choked on my frozen pear margarita on the patio at Aldaco's when I saw Moroni blowing his trumpet behind me. Didn't realize there were enough of them here for a temple. Anyhow, if anyone on here is in the area let me know if you'd be up for getting a group together.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: s4711 ( )
Date: March 22, 2013 05:31PM

South Texas here, too. SA meet up would be fun...

Posted by: Stubborn Apostate ( )
Date: March 22, 2013 07:20PM

Wild stab here, did you write S4711 in your BDUs? This place IS military city.

Are you new to the board or a lurker like me? I found RfM eight years ago. Posted a bit in the beginning. Took a break from the board, but of course TBM family antics or mishies in the hood or a Warren Jeff's/Sisterwives/Mitt Romney 2012 run would trigger something and I would always come back. This place is my guilty pleasure. So addicting.

I guess it's about time I got involved though and so I'll be posting more and would love to meet other RfMers in the area.

Anyone else down here?

Posted by: nomo28 ( )
Date: March 22, 2013 08:48PM

I didn't even know they had churches in San Antonio, I've never seen one. I was surprised though, when I was living in Pleasanton for awhile they had a pretty active church there. Thankfully they left us alone though! The problem I have in my neighborhood is the JW's. They come by just about every other day!

Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: March 22, 2013 08:53PM

When I went to church in San Antonio (was there for a few weeks), it was in a very out of the way neighborhood. Took me a while to find it.

My uncle lives in Austin but he's one of my very few Nevermo relatives. Maybe I should go see him sometime.

Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: March 28, 2013 10:04PM

My wife and I would love to meet up with you. Prefer somewhere other than Stone Oak (too many Mormons driving to the Temple). There is a new Chuy's at UTSA and IH 10.

Posted by: s4711 ( )
Date: March 28, 2013 10:35PM

Let's plan a tentative meet up... I'll be out of town until mid next week. I think there is a way to exchange emails through Susan I/S...

Posted by: amos2 ( )
Date: March 28, 2013 11:21PM

I want to meet!
I/S, how do we share emails?

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: March 28, 2013 11:30PM

Gimme a few months. I'm moving to San Antonio with my exmo husband in late July/early August.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.