Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 22, 2013 08:01PM

For me it would have to be Chuck-A-Rama. It has a little of a lot of things doctrinally done bad.

It has a cult following of people you don't want to eat with.

And while pretending to offer something interesting it offers a boring assortment of mainstains done worse than a school's cafeteria.

Like a really strange cosmolatry, theism and ideas about "Eternal" things. It endorses doctrinally an alternative to traditional marriage - BUT - it does everything mundane, mediocre and boring. At it isn't getting any better but more boring in "correlating" everthing and making it ever more an overly-processed of offering something metaphysical.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865576143/We-share-our-favorite-restaurant-2-but-what-about-our-faith.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 22, 2013 08:25PM

Mormonism has a fixed menu like a buffet. No custom orders. If you don't like this tray, try the next. Polygamy? yes and no. Prophecy? Nuh unh uh, don't ask. Swedish meatballs? Hell yeah! Filet Mignon? Never heard of it.

It's a miracle of the mediocre, all hail the LDS buffet!

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: March 22, 2013 10:34PM

Mormonism's menu is not a buffet. here is but one dish on their menu that never changes. That dish is obedience. For dessert you get to clean the bathrooms.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 22, 2013 10:37PM

mormonism is a restaurant that only serves spam.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: March 22, 2013 10:40PM

Mormonism is like an expensive restaurant where you are promised lots of good things, pay a high price then you get an empty plate that you are expected to believe is full.

Posted by: Bal ( )
Date: March 22, 2013 10:43PM

Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: March 24, 2013 01:49AM

+1, nailed it

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: March 22, 2013 10:51PM

For years I called myself a smorgasmormon. The problem was the stench from the dishes I didn't eat ruined the dishes I could stand. Finally I figured out I'd eat far better if I stayed away from the awful buffet entirely.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: March 24, 2013 01:39AM

and other delightsome dishes at Planet Kolob the Mormon Restaurant:

http://www.salamandersociety.com/planetkolob/

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 24, 2013 01:58AM

There is a certain 24 hour takeout place in town that is notorious for screwing up orders in dramatic ways. Everything to way overcooking the chicken, to accidentally delivering insects inside the meal. If this happens to you, and you bring it to their attention, they will fight and argue with you, and claim it is your fault. The only people who get food from there, are tourist, drunks who really want noodles at 4am, and are willing to risk placing an order, and a surprising number of locals who have tolerated this place for so long, because it was the only option for that particular style of ethnic food for so many years, that they think the food is supposed to taste like vomit. The church is kind of a lot like that place.

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: March 24, 2013 04:08AM

Wow...that was perfect! :)

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: March 24, 2013 04:13AM

When I was in YW, one of our "treats" was to go to chuck-a-rama. I can't remember what for but I actually got food poisoning from that trip. It was horrible.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.