Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 11:11AM

I guess it all started with me ripping on one of his videos or some other lame Mormon ad on youtube. Then he felt inclined to email me to try and bring me to his and mormons understanding, while I was at least making better sense than he was, although it's stuff Atheists won't believe either, because it has some Christian value to it. It's kind of entertaining and funny to listen to the thinking of a 49 year old Mormon man speaking to a 35 year old ex mormon who knows better. LOL! it's bit long, but you might find some entertainment value in it if you've got the time and maybe you'll get a little education out of it too. Enjoy!

Sent by:Crazy Mormon on youtube

This is an email I sent to another anti-Mormon. I thought I would share it with you:

You said you have prayed sincerely about the Book of Mormon. Let me tell you what an Apostly of the Lord has said about this. He said that Moroni's promise does not apply to those that seek to know for hypothetical or academic reasons, even if they ask with a sincere heart. He said that the promise is for those who are committed in their hearts to act upon the manifestation if it is received. Prayers based on any other reason have no promise because they are not made with real intent.

One speaker I listened to shared an experience he had with someone that would not pray about the Book of Mormon, because he thought, "If that book is true, I have to change my life, join the church, etc." We must be committed to act on the witness if it is received.

To me this all means that if we read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, but have no intention to follow its teachings or join the church that believes in it, then we cannot expect to have a witness of the Spirit.

The same speaker I mentioned said the following. He said that those who fight against our message today, those who fight against living prophets and apostles would probably have been the very ones who, in the name of religion, would have crucified Christ. I agree.

What you say about spiritual polygamy is ridiculous. You only bring that up to confuse people. Also, D&C 132 is not about polygamy. And it says those are damned that don't follow the commandments of the Lord. Not all were commanded to practice plural marriage.

You wanted to know how God can hear the prayers of all people. I know that God hears the prayers of all. I don't understand how and I don't need to know how. His ways are not our ways.

I have mentioned this to Doris numerous times, with references, but she ignores it. In the Old Testament, some prophets did have multiple wives and the Lord condoned it. I even showed her where the Lord told David that He gave unto David his wives. David got into trouble when he took wives that the Lord did not approve of. Also, no way the Lord would have had His covenant people come through an adulterer. You can look these up.

Finally, the constant complaint about Lucifer and Jesus being brothers is just another way to confuse people. You talk about it without giving a full explanation that makes perfect sense.

My reply:
I'm sorry you've been brain washed into thinking all of those things. And How dare you EVER compare these false, imperfect, lying, manipulative men to Jesus Christ! That is pure Blaspheme to compare any false prophet to Jesus! Like many other people, I choose not to follow and yes, point out all the wrong these corrupt politicians are doing to people for their own gain. You're the one who is confused! Open your friggin eyes and you'll see. All that other b.s. about praying if the Book of Mormon is true, is hogwash. Why would I want to prayer if a fictional book is true? That's like asking if Santa Clause is real! It's so sad when good people like yourself choose to shelter themselves off from the rest of the world because the Mormon Leaders tell them to in order to manipulate people into not educating themselves further about the true origins of the Book of Mormon. It's true man, They've got you believing what they want you to believe, because they have brain washed you over and over again that there will be consequences if you branch off to educate yourself further. The main reason for that is, because they don't want to lose more members, because of the many people who have found out the honest truth. Sooner or later Lies will surface and the truth will come out. That is the straight facts about the Book of Mormon. I think you should allow yourself room to discover new things and not stay stagnant in what others tell you to believe and stay away from etc etc.

Crazy Mormon on youtube responds back:
I am not brainwashed, but it seems you are. I have never compared anyone to Christ. And if you don't want to know the truth, I am sorry for you.

My reply back:
I'm sorry for you and the things you're saying, you're not seeing. You most certainly did compare modern day so called "prophet" that you want to believe whole heartedly in. You said that you believe anyone who judges and persecutes any "LDS Prophet" is the same as those people who threw stones and had Jesus Crucified. You said that! That is Blaspheme and you have no right to ever thin or believe that these men in suits even come close to what Jesus did for us. think about what you're saying and thinking before you speak. Sorry, but you're the one who has been brainwashed into praising and giving credit too often to these imperfect men, before Jesus Christ. Go back and read what you wrote as many times as it takes until you see where you screwed up in the way you wrote your messages. It just sounds ludicrous! If you meant every word of it, then I'm sorry, you won't know how to give proper love and respect to Jesus Christ, (Yahweh) who has sacrificed his blood and atoned for our sins, so that we can be in his everlasting presence, until you learned how to stop taking him for granted and putting him on the side and comparing prophets to him, while speaking of all the mormon nonsense teachings that rarely speak of Jesus, which takes away from the main messages Jesus once spoke of.

It's the same had you denied Moses, Abraham, etc. When you deny God's prophet, you deny Him. You are a liar. We don't give credit to any man before Jesus Christ. He is the central focus of our faith. You don't tell me what I believe. It's not your right.

My reply back:
then you need to stop telling people that condemning prophets is the same as condemning Jesus. Because it isn't the same. You stop trying to convince people what you believe, while trying to cram it down their throats what "YOU" feel is true, and I'll stop trying to correct you. It goes both ways. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Think about it.

I repeat, you don't want to understand. How many times do we have to tell you people that we accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Redeemer and the only way to the Father. We accept His prophets today as those of Bible times accepted His prophets. You deny God's ability to come and call prophets in our day.

My reply back:
I'm not denying his ability to mold good, "HONEST" people to help carry on Jesus's Message. I also choose to not allow the wool to be pulled over my eyes and buy into all kinds of lies and manipulation these imperfect men commit. That would put them in the category of a sinner like everyone else, making their teachings and beliefs nothing more than hypocritical statements. I choose to Follow only Jesus's teachings, because men and women's word's can not always be trusted. Go0d also gives anyone the power of discernment if they are willing to listen to the spirit, but if we allow all kinds of other plagiarized beliefs from other doctrine, books and religion enter, all we are doing is muddying up the water, so we can not see things clearly. Jesus's message was clear and that's all we need to know. Nothing needs to be rehashed over and over again while "adding" more rules into the equation. All we need are good reminders of what Jesus taught and to believe in that and to have a personal relationship with him. He will show us the way, as long as we pray and give praise to him and no other.

Of course you deny God's power to have a prophet today.

My reply back:
Of course you place an imperfect man in place of Jesus. Just using you as an example. If you wanna play the assuming and accusing game, I can do that too. But I won't because it's stupid, childish and ignorant. A 49 year old man should know better. Are you depressed and feeling sorry for yourself and that's why you feel the need to try to correct others according to your own beliefs? Seems you got nothing better to do. Those are questions,not assumptions. Be honest now. God knows and sees everything. Haha!

Lies again. We do NOT put Joseph above Jesus. I feel God's love all the time.

My reply back:
Joseph put himself above Jesus. Its in church history where he boasted he did a better job than Jesus. Also since Joseph was a false prophet, all other priesthood keys past on down through him all the way to you and any other false priests today and so on until the church dies out, is null and void. If you don't believe me, Ill be glad to find all the evidence and proof you'll need to know Joseph was a fraud.

Liar. He did not. He did not say he was better than Jesus. He was not a false prophet. There is no proof he was a fraud.

My reply back:
Read History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 408-409

Joseph clearly says:

I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet.

Check out these helpful links with all facts from different people that were a part of Josephs life and words from Joseph himself. Once you've checked them out thoroughly, then I'd like to have further discussions with you. If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer and discuss it with you.

Joseph Smith's Use of the Apocrypha
http://utlm.org/newsletters/no89.htm

Book of Mormon Plates:
Artifact, Vision or Hoax?
http://utlm.org/newsletters/no105.htm#Getting

MORMONISM and PLAGIARISM
http://utlm.org/newsletters/no63.htm

LDS View of God Contradicts the Bible
http://utlm.org/onlineresources/ldsviewcontradictsbible.htm

Contradictions in LDS Scriptures
http://utlm.org/onlineresources/contradictionsinldsscriptures.htm

It's true the followers of Jesus eventually left after the apostles were killed and the church and Priesthood was lost through apostacy, but it was not the fault of Christ. It was man that left Him, not the other way around.

As for those sites, I have seen Tanner and read her garbage. It is just that; garbage. I have seen the deceipt she uses to confuse people. She is a liar.

My reply back:
That's fine, continue to believe all the lies the mormon church covers up while continuing to delude yourself. Sorry bud, but you've got it all backwards and turned around because the Leaders of the Mormon cult have made you and many others to believe their imperfect and and false teachings and history are true. Look at the church history and how much they've covered up through out the past century and more since the church started. The church was started by a Liar and a very Arrogant one at that. You follow a false hope. Good luck trying to find Authentic, genuine happiness in a cult that controls their members with lies deceit and manipulation. I'm done talking to a wall, someone who chooses to plug his ears and keep the blind fold on. Maybe one day you'll know the real truth and not everything the leaders have swept under the rug due trying to avoid embarrassment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Topping ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 01:37PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.