Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: March 26, 2013 10:47PM

I just got back from the Utah Capitol where an anti-gay marriage rally was met by a counter protest of pro-gay marriage supporters. I would say the pro-gay marriage supporters outnumbered the anti by 3 to 1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: March 26, 2013 10:50PM

thanks for the report, MJ. i hope that you post a more detailed narrative when you have the time!

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: March 26, 2013 11:22PM

There are some pictures on the counter protest FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/138754622970540/

It is hard to get a good idea of the number of counter protesters vs the anti-gay marriage group because the anti-gay marriage group was all clumped together and one picture could show all of them. The counter protesters were encircled that group and were everywhere but that one section. Some of the pictures show gay supporters on three floors of the capitol, those pictures were taken from three floors just a crowded. None of the pictures of the pictures show more than a fraction of the counter protesters.

There were a lot of straight gay marriage supporters and I made a point to thank as many as I could.

An interesting observation about the anti-gay marriage group, they seemed to be a number of families, mother, father and all the kids. Then there were a number of older people. There was nobody between the ages of 14 and 35 or so. 5 or 6 large families and all of the performers (I hear they were grand kids of the Osmond clan, not sure on that) accounted for almost half of the anti-gay marriage crowd.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: March 27, 2013 01:43AM

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: March 26, 2013 10:50PM

That is great news!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: March 26, 2013 10:52PM

Happy to hear that.

Posted by: Santa Claus ( )
Date: March 26, 2013 10:54PM

Chalk one up for true equality!

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: March 26, 2013 10:59PM

This made me grin :) Awesome!

Posted by: techjunkie ( )
Date: March 27, 2013 12:53AM

this is so awesome! I wish I was there. My favorite part was when everyone shouted liberty and justice for all when the bigots where saying the pledge.

Posted by: eldorado ( )
Date: March 27, 2013 01:11AM

I felt so bad that I could not go to support pro-gay marriage, now I even feel worse(sick kids)but I am teaching my boys that love is love and everyone deserves a chance to get married and have a family. My oldest is the lets find a peace full way to take care of things while the youngest stated that he wants to kick the mean bullies.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 27, 2013 08:28AM

group, the people behind the news person were all carrying rainbow flags.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: March 27, 2013 12:21PM

The anti-gay marriage people would have had a bigger turn out, they say, but it was the other peoples turn to scrub the restrooms.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.