Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: March 28, 2013 11:12PM

Since God does not live on Earth but on a planet perhaps a thousand or a billion light years away from Earth, should he ever decide to visit this planet he created, how does he move his physical body from his alien planet to Earth? Does he have a Space Force One Ship with Prayer sensors so he can answer Prayers regarding lost keys and what color dress should be worn while traveling thru space? Does God's Space Force One have direct communication with Monson for hourly updates on bank balances? Do Reporters from The Ensign travel with him?

Perhaps God instead travels on a surf board that skims the light waves of space and time. A Surfer Dude God sounds a lot more exciting than one that is worried about the color of my shirt, the hair on my face or the size of my wallet. I have never seen a Mormon picture of God wearing a suit and being clean shaven. The pictures I have seen of God looks more like a Surfer Dude to me. Perhaps even a Hippie from the 60's.

I was told that God thinks where he wants to be but that makes no sense since he has a physical body that has to be moved from point a to point b.

So how does a God with a body that lives on an alien planet thousand or billions of light years away from Earth, travel to Earth so he can see the results of his creations?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: squeebee ( )
Date: March 28, 2013 11:13PM

Magic.

Posted by: epsynonia ( )
Date: March 28, 2013 11:18PM

In the words of Captain Kirk "What does God need with a starship??"

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 28, 2013 11:26PM

Neither. God drives a chariot of fire- the vehicle of choice during his heyday. :-)

2 Kings 2:11
As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

2 Kings 6:17
And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

Isaiah 66:15
See, the Lord is coming with fire, and his chariots are like a whirlwind; he will bring down his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Posted by: BG ( )
Date: March 28, 2013 11:48PM

God is a really old dude. Probably a Walden "Magic" Longboard don't you think ....

http://www.waldensurfboards.com/collections/all-magic-models-long-one-of-a-kind/products/90-magic-model-21557

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: March 29, 2013 09:28AM

Hang Ten

Kowabunga

Posted by: Brethren,adieu ( )
Date: March 29, 2013 11:30AM

One more vote for the silver surfboard!

Posted by: davidlkent ( )
Date: March 29, 2013 10:40AM

See what difficulties christian theologians avoid by just calling the frog in the sky "Omnipresent"?

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: March 29, 2013 11:47AM

Or he takes the Ark if he is bringing family or pets on a longer trip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2013 11:52AM by MJ.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.