Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 10:22PM

...or is he just an non-existent front like "Emmanuel J. Goldstein" in "1984?" I can't see how an actual person could do that job with their testimony intact. Surely the LDS leadership would want to actually read the resignation letters to find out how to improve their "product" to keep more people from leaving. Most likely "Greg Dodge" is just a front for the LDS church out-processing staff.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 10:27PM

Posted by: elfling ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:05PM

Having a facebook page is not a verification of existence.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 10:39PM

He's a real person. I've been to his Facebook page. I don't know if it's still there now though.

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 11:10PM

I'll bet with all the complaints he gets on resignation letters about deceit and lying for the lord he has studied himself out by now. How could you not be curious enough to find out what all the uproar is about?

And if so, I bet he just LOVES his job, watching sheep after sheep set themselves free from the flock!

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 01:11AM

Yes he is. He signed my resignation letter in 2006.

Long before that, a group of exmos delivered a holiday basket to Dodge's office along with Christmas Cards. Somebody in the group actually met Greg Dodge and eyeballed him in person. Cheryl tells this story - unfortunately she's under the weather right now.

I even vaguely remember seeing a picture of the gift basket they sent.

So, yes, he's real. Wish I had all that "evidence" to show you. ;p)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 01:12AM by shannon.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 01:19AM

When one guy retires, the next one on the job assumes his name.

Posted by: Sperco ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 12:30PM

I work for a company that does that very thing. The person that is in charge of the customer complaint department assumes a certain name when they take the job. When someone calls in asking for that person, we all know that it is a customer complaint issue.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 01:35AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 01:36AM by steve benson.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 02:20AM

are located here at this link. You'll need to scroll down to the headline dated 2003 and 2001. Hard to believe this happened ten years ago. I snagged the photo from Dodge's face book page before it disappeared after being noted here at RfM. Maybe it's back up but I have not bothered to re-check.

http://www.salamandersociety.com/x-files/

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:35AM

You guys delivered a Christmas Tree . . . not a gift basket! So funny that church security x-rayed it for explosives!!

Greg Dodge looks like a normal Utah guy - typical Elder's Quorum President material. Wonder how he deals with the cognitive dissonance??

;o)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:03AM

Generous, weren't we? LOL

It didn't matter because I think that church security E-rayed and destroys both of Cricket's thoughtful little gifts of appreciation.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:40AM

Totalitarian bureaucracies (theocratic or not) like to detailed records on everybody and everything so I doubt your records are ever completely "erased."

X-raying the gift basket for explosives and throwing the christmas tree in the dumpster says it all...thanks.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 10:32AM

anybody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't see
> how an actual person could do that job with their
> testimony intact.

If you get paid to do your job, you don't have to have a testimonkey.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 10:33AM

and enjoys sending folks to outer darkness.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:06AM

I talked to him on the phone once. I tried to get him to tell me how many people were resigning each month. He refused. He also could not explain why the Church trumpets new baptisms from the rooftops but refuses to disclose the number of resignees.

Posted by: GenY ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 02:30PM

You know, separating the wheat from the chaff because Satan is to be so wily in the latter days that even the very elect will be deceived. Fulfilling the stick of Bruce prophecy about only a small number of members making it to the highest level of the CK. I'm sure he has all sorts of justifications that keeps his shoulder to the wheel.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.