Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: xombie ( )
Date: April 02, 2013 05:23PM

any ideas how to find it? i have no records of it anywhere. my temple recommend was taken way back in college. apparently the only way to get it is to pry it from this clerk's filthy hands!!! he had the audacity to ask me to show up at the stake center to get it myself, and perhaps listen to general conference to change my mind. please...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: April 02, 2013 05:25PM

You don't need it to resign...if that's why you're trying to get it. Most people don't know theirs either.

Posted by: xombie ( )
Date: April 02, 2013 05:33PM

that's exactly why i want it.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: April 02, 2013 05:27PM

"Membership Number".

Funny.

That was one of the first cracks.

I was filling out the mission application and it said "membership number" and I asked the bish what it was. He made some comment that according to the church I was just a number. I should have gone running then, huh?

Posted by: prefan84 ( )
Date: April 02, 2013 06:07PM

If you've ever had a temple recommend you can find it on that.

Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: April 02, 2013 06:11PM

call the COB, explain the situation and what an asswipe the clerk was. they xhould be able to have you verify some other info on there to prove your identity and give you your number.

Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: April 02, 2013 06:16PM

Do you have an lds.org account? They will give you your membership number to open up your own lds.org account.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 02, 2013 08:54PM

the only thing I knew when I resigned was the month and year I was baptized. I never gave a membership # and they were able to resign me easily enough. Don't let them play games with you!

Posted by: escapee not logged in ( )
Date: April 02, 2013 08:58PM

If you want it for a letter of resignation, you don't need it. When I resigned, I actually wrote that I did not have my membership number and did not care whether I had it.
I got resigned.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: April 02, 2013 09:19PM

you don't need a dunk date, hell, you don't even need a stamp. Now you can do it by EMail :)

http://www.exmormon.org/remove.htm

Posted by: koolman2 ( )
Date: April 02, 2013 09:56PM

You don't need it. When I resigned, I gave them my name and birthdate. I also gave them my last known ward and the bishop's name. When the bishop I resigned through sent me a letter, it had my membership number on it. A few weeks later I got my Dodge letter.

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: April 02, 2013 09:59PM

The information that is always attached to your name is your parents names.

If you give your name, birthday, and parents names they'll know exactly who you are. They don't need a membership number.

Posted by: Raisingspecialneeds ( )
Date: April 02, 2013 10:02PM

I don't have my member number, never had a recommend, don't even remember the date I got baptized.
Just gave my name, my address, and told them they sucked, I was quitting the church. They sent me back a letter saying that the process would be complete by the SP and Bishop, and had the info on the ward I was suppose to be by me giving my DOB, name, and address.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 12:38AM

The only reason I have found that a member needs a membership record number and unit number and dates of baptism is to order garments/temple attire on their web site. I had all that info for my husband for that purpose.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 02:33AM

When my hubby, myself and our youngest two kids resigned in February, our 19 yo wanted to resign as well. He's in a different ward and stake. I couldn't find our last tithing settlement paperwork with all of our numbers on it, and I wasn't sure on his baptismal date. Name, address, birthdate are all it takes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.