Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Every Member a Janitor ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:14AM

Every occupation is respectable and that of janitor is no exception. I did not mean to suggest that cleaning buildings is below me. Reading my post again as well as my name, I can understand how someone might get that impression.

My point was that church members are already squeezed dry by the church and get relatively little in return and that assigning people to clean toilets without even asking if they are available during the week doesn't go over very well, especially when the church brings in so much money, gives so little back, and won't provide an accounting for of its finances.

I admit the name I selected might conjure up some negative stereotypes, but it was selected as a fun play on the motto, "every member a missionary". I like it because it also reflects my disfavor with how members are being treated by the church. Please let me know if the name itself is offensive and I will discontinue its use.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jan ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 12:18PM

I don't think it's demeaning to be a professional janitor. I think TSCC demeans the profession of janitor by assuming that anybody can perform the tasks, without training or understanding the chemicals involved. And TSCC demeans The Faithful by denying them the experience of a clean, healthy, pleasant-smelling place in which to worship.

Has nothing to do with "janitors", per se; has to do with the money-grubbing attitude of The Big Fifteen.

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 02:44PM

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 02:39PM

And any old person does not have the knowledge and expertise to do it. There's all kinds of EPA stuff and ya need to know like about chemicals you don't dare mix etc.

Besides the fact it is just plain hard work and a person deserves to get paid for doin it!!

Posted by: edmarc ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 02:42PM

Janitorial work should be paid.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:18PM

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:20PM

I'm pissed! It's "sanitary engineer" you blockhead!

Just sayin'...

Ron ;)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.