Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 04:31PM

someone just mowed their lawn and it's intoxicating. This has seriously been one of the worst Winters I've ever known and I grew up in SE Idaho. When I lived in CO, our worst Winter day was 40 degrees. We have had more than 6 feet of snow here continuously all Winter. My driveway was a mess. My gas bill has been over $300 every month ever since I moved here. The fact that we have enough grass to cut elates me! It smells heavenly. I have allergies but I don't care. Spring has Sprung so this is a Spring appreciation thread. What do you like about Spring?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 04:39PM

And the gradual warming every day. I loathe winter and I didn't even know it until I went a year without it.

I repotted all my houseplants and started some mini greenhouses over the weekend. :) I look forward to seeing all the beautiful flowers bloom.

FYI, those of us born in the spring and summer tend to be prone to depression, seasonal or not.

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 04:42PM

I associate fresh cut grass more with summer. Spring is all about blossoms on dogwood trees, lilacs, cherry tree blossoms, and seeing little bits of green at the tops of all the trees.

In the northeast it is still (and unseasonably) friggin' COLD!

Date: April 03, 2013 04:45PM

I need some more plants. I need a good indoor plant that can stand sunshine. Any suggestions?
I have a philodendron that I started from a cut back in 2003. It was at my job and it had been growing since the 1970's. I have kept it alive and growing since. It's about 8 feet long now and I have it growing along my ceiling. It was at least twice as long before I moved here but I had to cut it when I moved and it almost died during that time :(

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 04:46PM

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 06:50PM

My African violet and spider plant love the sunshine from my front window.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 04:48PM

Ah, cut grass perfume, one of the loveliest scents in the universe. Reminds me of summertime in Flagstaff, impossible blue skies above red rock and ponderosa pine..
Sigh....
Thank you for reminding me :)

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 04:53PM

We've been mowing our lawns for weeks now in sunny CA. I don't ever want to live with snow again.

Date: April 03, 2013 05:00PM

lucky you!
I just took some garbage out and noticed that my neighbors daffodils have bloomed. That made me happy.

Date: April 03, 2013 05:02PM

it's always good to be backed up by science :) I have never mowed a lawn in my life. I have always either had a man to do it or lived in apartments/condos. I have a lawn mower in the garage, looks like I'll have to learn how to use it. Don't use it while wearing flip-flops. That's about as much as I know.

Posted by: german lurker ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 05:12PM

0°C today/32°F and nature is still in black and white
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gattoparda/8608177523/in/photostream

> What do you like about Spring?
green - all shades of green

Date: April 03, 2013 05:21PM

nice pic. It makes me feel cold but I love it

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 05:22PM

I lived in Germany from 1977-80. Beautiful cold place that it is, I used to joke that the German word for summer is August.

Date: April 03, 2013 05:34PM

> I used to joke that the German word for summer is August

:-) unfortunately this 1 month-summer is no joke but a sad reality ;-)

Date: April 03, 2013 05:36PM

:(

Date: April 03, 2013 05:51PM

:-( ,indeed.

Itzpapalotl wrote:
> FYI, those of us born in the spring and summer tend to be prone to depression, seasonal or not.

I didn't know that, but i was born in summer and i suffer from depressions (at least) all winter long.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 05:22PM

Smells wonderful doesn't it?

Posted by: mia ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 05:23PM

Mowed the lawn last weekend. Spring is here. I planted 5 flowering trees and my spring garden. The daffodils are blooming, the tulips are up, the rose bushes are full of new leaves.

The birds have spring fever, they make a lot of noise in the mornings.

Date: April 03, 2013 05:25PM

my daughter has become the counselor for her friends....always talking on the phone. I don't mind her doing it but I finally told her to take it outside. So she moved this bench we have into the backyard and does her "counseling" out there among the grass and trees. It's the best I can hope for at this point.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 06:24PM

I'm ready to play.
Okay.. in my case, sit in the stands with a beer and a dog.

Date: April 03, 2013 07:57PM

I'm with you, jpt :)

Posted by: ragingphoenix ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 06:37PM

Am I the only one who thinks fresh cut grass stinks???

Gap even had it as a body spray scent at one time...

BBLLEEECCHHH!!!!

My favorite smell in the universe is creosote. It's what you smell when you drive over train tracks.

I almost get hypnotized by it. It smells like adventure would if adventure had a scent. And my daughter has the same craving...lol

We were at the baseball park, and when I turned around, she was hugging one of the tall wooden light-posts that had creasote on it. She was just inhaling time and again so I ran over and pulled her off.

She was saying "This smell is the best thing ever" as I dragged her away. I had to tell her it's toxic :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2013 06:41PM by ragingphoenix.

Date: April 03, 2013 10:51PM

Eeek! Blasphemy! :)

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 06:53PM

I love this time of year except for the allergies. Our yard doesn't have grass, but all the neighbors do.

We planted our garden last week and I love pulling up to the house and seeing it!

All our almond trees, cherry tree, apple trees, and grape vines are gorgeous right now too :)

Date: April 03, 2013 07:04PM

I have allergies too so I know what you mean.

Date: April 03, 2013 07:06PM

Rock of Ages is on HBO right now. It is slaughtering some of the best rock songs. I hate it! Some of it is funny, but they are mocking my childhood. :(

Their rendition of "Here I go again" was sorry. I am deeply offended.

Date: April 03, 2013 10:56PM

Right? No one should have to endure that.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 06:59PM

My little house sparrow made an outstanding nest this year. She always nests in the same hanging ivy plant, and normally makes a conventional round nest. This year she made a very cozy cone-shaped nest and now has five lovely blue and brown-spotted eggs in it. I hope that they all hatch! That would be a record for her.

Date: April 03, 2013 07:02PM

cute! I love birds

Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 07:51PM

I am allergic to grass, so I always hate the sound of lawn mowers, haha.

Posted by: exdrymo ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 09:11PM

It's all orange blossoms around here.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 09:28PM

Ground still covered with snow here, it did not thaw today and we are due another 4 inches of snow on Friday.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: April 03, 2013 11:06PM

Hope for warmth
Hope for new life
Hope for a new season, a new beginning.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.