Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 11:39AM

Those in recovery, I often think of the time I procrasteded from getting out. I resigned once to only be baptized again 2
years later.(the women thou gavest me asked me and I did dunk)

I had to take all the lessons again after being a member almost 550 years. How humiliating, how embarrassing, I felt like the little boy back in my primary. It only took me a year or so, to discover it was the same old wine in the same old bottle.

It is up to us, how long we let this cult dominate our lives. After we discover that the church is not true, every man at least a is our own fault. When you find out you have a serious infection, the sooner you treat it, the sooner you recover.

Don't be like me. I hung on, hung on, and that the intersection near the take my life. It you know that it is not true why that the infection grow until you are nearly incurable. Each person has their own timetable, knowledge, and education. The timing of resigning is up to each person.

I do not know these words are wisdom or just the ramblings of an old man. But if I had to do over again I take that out a lot sooner than I did. If you're lurker, or someone who knows and it's just procrastinating, I experience has been the infection is deadly. Why a ruling one more minute of your precious life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 12:01PM

I will be resigning. Do you know where I can find a sample letter?

Actually, it will be the perfect timing. I don't mind "this bishop" bothering me. In fact I'll give him the letter . . .

Posted by: aplomado ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 12:14PM

Here is a link to some resignation info. I resigned almost a year ago and very glad I did. Good luck to you.

Josh

http://www.mormonresignation.com/

Posted by: freedomissweet ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 12:39PM

Well done c12 for taking the positive step to freedom.
You will be suprised how good you feel.
I resigned 5yrs+ ago and its been great. Decisions and choices are wonderful to make. No-one checking up on you or looking at you as though they disapprove with your decision.
Look forward to the rest of your life without the morg.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 12:23PM

Thank you!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.