Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: April 04, 2013 07:59PM

http://www.thomhartmann.com/forum/2013/04/i-thought-republicans-were-all-about-preserving-constitution

While I'm certain that Mormonism will not be the official state religion of North Carolina, I am equally certain that beyond the traditional states of the deep South, Utah and its not-officially-sanctioned state religion (wink, wink) will be watching to see what happens. and whether or not the Mormons get involved with this, I, as a practicing agnostic, consider even the thought of an officially designated state religion to be very scary indeed!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: April 04, 2013 08:19PM

It isn't going to happen because it is specifically forbidden by the Constitution.South Carolina has a long history of nuttiness.Their secession started the Civil War and that wasnt their first attempt to leave.They need to grow up and understand that the Constitution applies to them.And no, they can't leave when they disagree.

Posted by: smith ( )
Date: April 04, 2013 09:21PM

I am from North Carolina (Raleigh/Durham Area), and I just found out about this today. You should read the law that is written, it states that North Carolina doesn't recognize parts of the US constitution.

Posted by: Bal ( )
Date: April 04, 2013 09:18PM

It is officially dead

Thank the lard

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/04/north-carolina-getting-a-state-religion-no/?hpt=hp_t2

The scary part is two Two Republican representatives do not know the Constitution of these United States.

It's the first amendment! Even if you don't read the the rest because you get bored with it, it is the first.

I weep for this nation

I weep for my SIL she lives in NC and am sorry to say she may have voted for it

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: April 04, 2013 09:22PM

I wonder how those who supported it would like it if the state religion wasn't theirs and they were forced to pay taxes to a church they don't believe in or even attend it.There is a reason why we have the 1st Amendment.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 04, 2013 11:01PM

I wish these fools could go back in time to the Thirty Years War to see the folly and the horror of fighting over religion. The idea behind one state, one religion, one race has never made sense to me. It's just not worth it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.