Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 02:06AM

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-adjusts-mission-organization-implement-mission-leadership-council

So the church has insitituted a little bit of reorganization into the missionary program. Mission leadership now forms a council, I guess, where the sisters have a position analagous to AP (Sister Training Leaders). Sounds like a token position to me, not meant to have any real leadership (and especially not over the men). I'm betting they needed some extra leadership for the huge influx of sister missionaries they are getting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 05:22AM

I hope this all blows up in thier faces. I hope there develops a critical mass of women who one day get sick and tired of playing mommie to a bunch of immature, woman-hating boys (and the mission presidents as well) and end up walikng out. I hope.

Posted by: jl ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 07:29AM

newatthis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Mission leadership now forms a council, I guess,
> where the sisters have a position analagous to AP
> (Sister Training Leaders).

Not quite.

I think it's more like a R.S. President working under the Bishop.

Aren't those Sister Training Leaders supposed to report to AP, instead of Mission Pres.? Or I got that wrong?

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 12:20PM

The structure is still the same. It's part of the doctrine of the Plan of Salvation. Solid Doctrine.
Men and women have different roles, but one cannot be glorified without the other. It's a solid partnership.

This is the short version of why women won't be allowed to officiate in either of the priesthoods of the LDS Church, Aaronic, or Melchizedek.

Men hold the Keys to the Priesthoods to act in the name of Jesus Christ, as this is a Restoration Church from the apostasy after the original disciples dies off. This is part of the history of the organization of the Church as Joseph Smith Jr recorded it.

Men officiate in meetings, ordinations, etc. Women serve under the men. That is also solid doctrine.

Women wear the Holy Garment of the Melchizedek Priesthood just as men - having it put on them in the temple by women who are ordained to do so.

Most of this is doctrine is found in the D&C.(and other scriptures.) There are links on lds . org that explain the specifics.

Women hold a very valuable position in obtaining celestial glory in the Celestial Kingdom, as worthy men must have a worthy wife to attain that goal.

Observation:
I'm flabbergasted that women would petition the church to ordain them to either of the priesthoods. Somehow, women and men, in my view, that support this, do not seem to understand their own church doctrine and how the roles are supposed to be different as mandated by the Lord. Women don't need to officiate in either of the priesthoods to obtain celestial glory in the Celestial Kingdom.

[Disclaimer: this is for information only and not a defense of the faith.]

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 12:23PM

My TBM Wife and I have always believed that if you can convince the prophet into ordaining women into the priesthood, it is proof that he is controlled by the people and not God.

(really hoping this gets allowed, trying to get my wife to watch for the changes in the church before they happen).

Posted by: MrZ ( )
Date: April 07, 2013 02:02PM

they do not want the boys hanging too often with the girls. Also theres now too many dam girls, not to mention all that @$$ on the street is both great advertising and terribly dangerous. What we were required to do on my mission looking back was idiotic stupid dangerous, im surprised that I am still alive, wtf was I thinking, i/we were no 007 bond!

First thing I thought when they changed the age req. I thought rape victims will jump 1000%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2013 02:06PM by MrZ.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.