Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:46PM

Imagining me typing up the last of the resignation letter. Imagining getting in that car, the open road at my feet.
Imagining the freedom.
That's how I'm going to last these last couple years. Imagining the freedom that's at the tip of my fingers. I'm slowly working on letters to relatives explaining I'm moving out. Soon I will type up the resignation letter. And the immense freedom I can imagine, as if someone will unlock the shackles upon my hands once a simple button is pressed. That's all that needs to be done. A few words, a button, and I'm free. And in that car, how the balls of chain will be released from my feet. A world of possibilities surround me. For now, I will continue to imagine the freedom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 11:53PM by anon123.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: D. Lamb ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 12:24AM

Yes, do that, Viktor Frankel did similar things while in a concentration camp. He was one of few survivors, while many were dying around him.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 01:55AM

Wasn't he an amazing man?

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 02:05AM

You have just 2 more years of undercover work on your current assignment. You need to gather as much information as you can before your work there is finished. You're a bright young thing. Why not begin work on a book from a young person's perspective of what life is like inside a cult when you see through the lies, but are too young to leave?

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 03:24AM

"Everything that happens, happens first in the imagination." --Emerson

Your imagination is more powerful than you realize.

Just remember to act, when the time comes. You might need two years to get ready, anyway.

While you dream your dreams of freedom, you can make practical plans. For instance, where do you dream of living? How do you plan to get there? How will you afford it? What is your dream occupation? Does it require more education? How will you get that.

Keep your cards close to your vest, and play them wisely. Yes, it is a lot like an undercover assignment

For starters, read books on assertiveness training, and practice saying "no" without insulting people or making them suspicious.

Good luck! You have youth and brains and the Truth on your side.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 10:21AM

+1

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 03:32AM

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 10:21AM

+1

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.